Bow bar videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's my understanding, maybe I'm wrong, that the long skinny bar on the in the second video is mainly meant for brushing. I think it enables you stay away from the pickers while you're cutting them. Maybe someone can chime in and verify this. I'm sure liking the newest addition to my collection. I've ran about 6 tanks through it and still haven't sharpened the chain, and I'm pretty anal about a sharp chain. No bending over, no pinching, no cutting in the dirt because of the shape of the bar as it cuts through the wood. It's not as fast as my 2071, but when my back was sore a few weeks ago, it allowed me to clean up a load of wood my friends employee's dumped in my yard that was spread out all over. Bending over with a conventional saw was not an option. The safety concern are overstated when the guards are in place and they are used properly.20150124_133201.jpg

The bow on Jim's 026 is what is known as a clearing bow. One of the major uses is on Christmas tree farms where you can plunge cut the tree without crawling underneath to attack it from the side. This is a picture of a Homelite I had.

image.jpg

Just make sure to plant the foot to the near side of the wood prior to making the cut.

Latest posts

Back