Brits talkin about Brit stuff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a nice bit of seafood myself yesterday Ekka,lobster,clams,stuffed calamari
king prawns,and some great salt cod [baccala]..

Now bugs i'm sure I tried them when out in OZ but can't remember how they tasted..

As for cricket from what i've read lately you guys had better watch out next world cup:biggrinbounce2:

By the way guys my bro inlaw and the rest of the outlaws sorry inlaws will be in Brisbane the end on Jan

We have a rain guage out the back. It rained a little over the last week. The grand total was 23mm in the guage.

Total water storage in the dams for the period fell, in other words the rain didn't even keep up with consumption.

We are down to 23.88% water left in the dams, the last 5% is unuse-able.

This is now our 3rd year of poor rainfall, the one in a hundred year drought is BS ... it's year 3 now. The problem here is exacerbated by the volume of people who have moved here in the last 10 years and the govts lack of foresight to do anything about the resources and infrastructure ... the good ole "she'll be right mate" has once again penalized us all.

The regions population grows by around 75,000 a year, the city is out of water, roads gridlocked, hospitals full and book your kid into childcare before it's born!

Where I live out west of Sydney we get atleast one shower a week/fortnight (without high winds. :( No storms in ages.), right where we don't need it.

Just last night it bucketed down here, but none for the dam's. I was thinking oh great, i'm on my holiday and it's gunna storm but it didn't. :D

Ekka, isn't there a dam on the gold coast that has near capacity?

Sure is, the Hinz dam, probably 90% full but it's a small dam that depletes quickly to feed the Gold Coast. They connected it to the Brisbane system but only one way!!!!!!!!

Yep, they can only pump from Brisbane to the Gold Coast and not backwards. :laugh: Till ya live here you'll never understand. :ices_rofl:

But we got one hell of a rugby and cricket stadium. lol

Hey, better be careful we're taking over the Brit thread.

Have a happy and prosperous new year

hi guy have not been on for a while we had child number two in November (girl) so got my Xmas present early. work dried up middle November, good job! two kids are a lot of work. phone rang January 2nd i was amazed so Ive had about 3 jobs so far not bad for time of year i suppose hows stumpy66 ??? havent heard stump grinders coop for a bit?

Hope your all doing fine guys,any news other than this storm,are you all keeping busy??

Anyone bought any new kit?

How did you fair [storm] in Ireland Stomper? congratulations on the new baby..

Storm damage

Thank rollacosta shes great. as for work i try to keep it to the stumps but have the chain saw so have cleared a couple of fallen branches and just yesterday got a call for a laylandi that had blown over. today a company rang ten tree down on a drive way up to a telephone mast (wooded area)drove two hours 100 miles ring them back to give price she tells me they have some one to do it on Monday was hoping ****mad, most of the day wasted in traffic. lesson stick to stumps .only there all up side down .I tell my self if it was easy every body would do it right??what about you are you busy ?? any of them money trees coming down your way??

PS
hows stump66

stump grinder type

has any one used a carlton 27hp with remote , i use a sc252 at moment pull up to stump and i can start grinding as soon as safety checks are done , on any ground , with no stake to bash in like old rayco 1625 , can i do the same with the carlton . has it got speed adjustment.

An apology

It has been brought to my attention recently that in the dim and distant past I may have made implications about certain companies. If any offence has been caused by those comments, then I apologise publicly here and now. Its easy to forget that this is a public forum that is read the world over, and words can come back to haunt you years down the track. I have never had any feelings of malice towards those concerned, and am sure my words may have been in jest, or at least tongue in cheek. Once again, I apologise.
The people concerned know who I mean, hope this is the end of it!

Back