burning plastic, no, wait a moment!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My father in law ruined his garden spot by dumping ashes in it. He never burned any trash in his stove.

None of what you are posting mentions safe to burn.

"The burning of polystyrene polymers - such as foam cups, meat trays, egg containers, yogurt and deli containers - releases styrene. Styrene gas can readily be absorbed through the skin and lungs. At high levels styrene vapor can damage the eyes and mucous membranes. Long term exposure to styrene can affect the central nervous system, causing headaches, fatigue, weakness, and depression. Not only these people who are burning the trash are exposed to these pollutants, but also their neighbours, children and families."
Or designed to be burned. Still waiting on that

My father in law ruined his garden spot by dumping ashes in it. He never burned any trash in his stove.

You can over do anything. Pot ash turns into lye when mixed with water witch will burn anything. You have to use it sparingly. A little goes a long way.

Or designed to be burned. Still waiting on that

Industrial plastics contain PVC dioxins and is harmful to the environment. Food grade plastics do not contain PVC's. Wild fires like grass fires do not contain high levels of carbon and actual puts back the carbon back into the soil. But it does it in low concentrations releasing nutrients back into the soil.

Industrial plastics contain PVC dioxins and is harmful to the environment. Food grade plastics do not contain PVC's.
Yes we’ve covered that. I’m still waiting for you to post an article that says they were designed to be burned.

Yes we’ve covered that. I’m still waiting for you to post an article that says they were designed to be burned.
Get off you ass and do your own research. It's not my job to explain everything to you in detail, get off your ass and research it yourself and explain how it is harmful. Prove me wrong by posting that contradict what a said. You expect me to prove my statement but offer no scientific evidence the the contrary. The information is out there, go find it yourself before you argue what you don't know as fact.

Get off you ass and do your own research. It's not my job to explain everything to you in detail, get off your ass and research it yourself.
Because you can’t provide the info. Thanks

Because I don't have the time, doesn't mean you cant look it up yourself. I don't have to prove you anything or spend hours finding evidence that will fall on def ears.
I looked and you know you won’t find it either but hey you have plenty of time to keep posting

Ashes are very alkaline so dosage is important. It is something that should be researched before going to far.

Works fine for me and I've been doing it for 30 years or so.

Garden 7-8-2014 003.JPG

Ashes are very alkaline so dosage is important. It is something that should be researched before going to far.

Works fine for me and I've been doing it for 30 years or so.

View attachment 803614
That would like a desert here after the deer got wind of it . Their like locust consume everything in their path. Cant even have bees the bear will tear down an electric fence to get at the hive. I swear one must sacrifice itself by charging the fence

That would like a desert here after the deer got wind of it . Their like locust consume everything in their path. Cant even have bees the bear will tear down an electric fence to get at the hive. I swear one must sacrifice itself by charging the fence

Seven ft. electric fence and anything that gets in catches a scoped 30-30 from the upstairs bedroom window. Deer are a problem here too but no bears.

I looked and you know you won’t find it either but hey you have plenty of time to keep posting

Posting a simple answer on a forum, takes only a min. Researching through paged of technical jargon is two different things. most of witch is probably over your head anyway. If you have the time to post arguments on something you haven't searched yourself. Beside in the time you spent posting arguments, you could have looked it up yourself. The ball is in your court, yet you refuse to play ball.

Posting a simple answer on a forum, thaks only a min. Researching through paged of technical jargon is two different things. most of witch is probably over your head anyway.
It’s which not witch. I see basic spelling and grammar is over your head.

Posting a simple answer on a forum, takes only a min. Researching through paged of technical jargon is two different things. most of witch is probably over your head anyway. If you have the time to post arguments on something you haven't searched yourself. Beside in the time you spent posting arguments, you could have looked it up yourself. The ball is in your court, yet you refuse to play ball.
I seriously don’t understand why you have to be so rude and act tough on the internet. I never once ridiculed you yet you find the need to keep doing it to me. Is that because you know you can’t support your claim? Do people in your life not take you serious enough and you feel the need to lash out here?

And you nit pick to divert the subject.
Nit pick...you attack me for what you think I can or can’t comprehend but don’t know how to use simple English words. Do you know what irony means?

I seriously don’t understand why you have to be so rude and act tough on the internet. I never once ridiculed you yet you find the need to keep doing it to me. Is that because you know you can’t support your claim? Do people in your life not take you serious enough and you few the need to lash out here?
I seriously don’t understand why you have to be so rude and act tough on the internet. I never once ridiculed you yet you find the need to keep doing it to me. Is that because you know you can’t support your claim? Do people in your life not take you serious enough and you few the need to lash out here?

Right back at you. Hypocrite.

Right back at you. Hypocrite.
Lol. You aren’t even making sense but now you resort to name calling. Isn’t that what people do when they know they are losing an argument/debate?

Lol. You aren’t even making sense but now you resort to name calling. Isn’t that what people do when they know they are losing an argument/debate?

Yes when you don't even bother to look it up yourself, but just want to argue a point you haven't looked up yourself. I gave you some simple definitions yet you still argue. If you doubt something someone is fact, get off your ass and fined the evidence to prove me wrong.

Back