CMC 72HD Arbor Pro Advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigLnasty

Verona Tree Guru
Reaction score
If anyone wants to chime in with feedback it would be greatly appreciated. We're looking to purchase our first bucket of any kind. We need to stay under CDL. We're strongly considering an HD Arbor Pro spider lift since it seems like it offers nice versatility. Our vision is to operate it on the bed of a truck as a "bucket truck" when possible and then offload when necessary, to access areas that a truck can't get too. Could more experienced people offer their advise as to whether that's a feasible plan? Our other options are something like an International 4300 with a 60ish foot boom. The problem I'm having there is finding one in my price range that isn't a forestry package. It sounds like the better set up is a rear mounted bucket on a flatbed. I apoligize for my naivete on this matter. I've been in trees for a long time, just not in buckets. Thanks!

If anyone wants to chime in with feedback it would be greatly appreciated. We're looking to purchase our first bucket of any kind. We need to stay under CDL. We're strongly considering an HD Arbor Pro spider lift since it seems like it offers nice versatility. Our vision is to operate it on the bed of a truck as a "bucket truck" when possible and then offload when necessary, to access areas that a truck can't get too. Could more experienced people offer their advise as to whether that's a feasible plan? Our other options are something like an International 4300 with a 60ish foot boom. The problem I'm having there is finding one in my price range that isn't a forestry package. It sounds like the better set up is a rear mounted bucket on a flatbed. I apoligize for my naivete on this matter. I've been in trees for a long time, just not in buckets. Thanks!

I’m getting the 72 with in a month and hope it’ll work well with my trailer set up.

Latest posts

Back