Cord Prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I found this and thought it was interesting.

Regional Cord Prices
Tallahassee, FL $180.
Appleton, WI $160
Central, IL $225
Lansburg, MI $116
Gettysburg, PA $125
Millinocket, ME $95
Boston, MA $265
Hinesburg, VT $165
Colchester, CT $150
Milwaukee, WI $180
Mansfield OH $120
LOWELL, MI $80
Sandusky OH $120
Calpine, CA $125
Burlington, WI $160
Holden, MA $240
Bennington, NH $175
Asheville, NC $200
Whistler B.C $275
Squamish B.C. $175
Houston, TX $170
Kearney, Mo $120
St, Louis $318
Checotah, Ok $120
Gloster, RI $175
Vernon, BC $180
Hartford, VT $150
Kansas City, Ks $160
Atlanta, Ga $240
Hoppkinsville, KY $195
Frenchville, ME $140

My area is acurate, anywhere from 100 to 150 a cord, and the average price is 125, as stated for mansfield. interesting. Where did you find that info?

Steve

I cannot remember i was doing a yahoo search on firewood and ran into it.

I live 14 miles from Gettysburg and the price is the area average. I sell mine for 130.00 this year. Next year it is going up to 140.00. If nobody wants to buy it at that price, fine. I'll burn it my self. I am tired of busting my a-- for nothing.

Pete

Ray,
Thats about 150.00 / cord. Seems to be the going price in WI. Nobody's going to get rich at these prices. I cut firewood just so I can run my chain saws.

st louis??

300+ a cord I should get me a semi or two and make a trip

Sold mostly by the face cord here near Lansing too. Most of the financely secure dont want an entire cord of wood stacked anywhere near their house, so they get face cords at a time.

Freakingstang,

A full cord is 4'x4'x8'. A face cord is usually four feet high, eight feet long, but only 16" deep. Most people cut firewood and stack it in three rows of 16 inch length wood. A face cord would be just one stack of the 16" wood stacked four feet high and eight feet long. Some of the bone-headed cutters around here try to sell the face cord as a cord. Some states have banned advertising wood by the cord because of the confusion. I have seen some guys cut and stack wood in two even rows of 24" wood, having each row four feet tall and eight feet long. Most assuredly a cord, but many stoves won't handle 24" pieces. I think the standard now is the three rows of 16" pieces.

In areas where wood sales are regulated (a lot more places than one would dthink) the full cord is the only legal measurement. A cord is 4x4x8' OR 128cu ft of tightly stacked wood no matter what dimensions the stack is. The regs are usually found in the weights and measures section of ordinances.

Scam artists will try selling by face cord, rick, PU load etc.

I prefer to buy any firewood "in the round" (been a long time since I had to) as after splitting any given pile will expand about 10% so you get more wood per cord "in the round". Of course what you gain by the extra wood is paid for by the cost of your splitting it.

Harry K

Freakingstang said:
so what is the difference between a cord and a face cord?

A cord is a defined and legal unit of measure, as turnkey4099 posted.

A face cord is whatever anybody wants it to be.

We sell by the face cord. 4' by 8' by whatever length the customer wants and we explain that to him. $75 a face cord.

Latest posts

Back