Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ffc46149f73564f6f9ddad8cd429cefd.jpg

I have a feeling, this is the “truck” they’ll need. And I’m sure hourly “rental” is somewhere in the $1000/hr range.

I suspect you are right, that would probably be how it would be transported, but I suspect that hourly rate might be a bit low , for a one off move.

I also am unsure of the rules and regulations regarding slung aerial loads over populated areas.

That tree is much more likely to become Mulch and/or BTU's, than a new decorative addition to anyone's yard.

Doug

It always cracks me up how they cut one piece of wood 4 inches long and another 10" and another 30", and then say it's prime firewood and want someone else to pay for it. If I bought a cord of wood from a dealer and he showed up with a truck load of odd ball cuts, he'd be heading home with a full truck and no money.
I know eh?

it cost more than that to take it down, therefore it is worth 1400.
interesting economic logic.
Good point. But I don't know many pros that cut wood at such a difference in length. Most pros are used to cutting everything the same length. Unless they just put it on the ground and then the home owner cleans up the mess. That would make sense. A pro would have chipped all of those little bean poles. Way more work to strip them. Looks like a homeowner clean up job.
I was thinking the same thing.
He probably had an arborist come look and give a quote and then figured he'd make the $1400 price tag instead.
He replied to me a swore that the "Pro" told him there's 8 cords there so not to argue and if I didn't buy it now to not reply again....ha,ha
I figure he'll be sitting on that tree for a good long while.

View attachment 637770

We have this large tree that is very big and beautiful, however it is in the wrong spot on our property because we plan to expand. I am not sure of the exact species of tree; however I do not wish to kill it because of where it was planted. We are offering it to anyone for free. The only only thing is you pay to relocate it. I have made numerous calls and they have stated this tree could go for thousands if bought at a tree farm. It would only be a few hundred to dig it up and relocate it. If you are interested please email using the craigslist link and we can go from there.
Diameter of trunk a foot above grade is 31". The circumference is 86 1/4".
They would need a Giant Tree Spade to move that tree and it wouldn't be cheap.
I think it's even too big for that maybe. One company said largest tree spade they have is up to 24" diameter trunk.

3.jpg

125__1.jpg

I get overflown by those things all the time: the forestry service bought or leased a whole batch of them for firefighting purposes. You can tell those still using Vietnam War vintage rotors and those rebuilt with modern components from miles away. Literally. ;)

However when it comes to difficult lifting tasks I always see these used:

1280px-KamowK32A.jpg

It makes an absolutely unique noise, like all Soviet-engined stuff, but apparently it's the only helicopter than can lift heavy loads at high elevations in safety and still have a good safety margin.
Cheaper to buy and to run than all other heavy lift helicopters and it's becoming widespread: I've read Portugal has just bought six for their forestry department, both for fire fighting and as flying cranes.
As with all Soviet/Russian technology you don't know whether to be horrified or highly impressed but if it gets the job well done and doesn't bankrupt you, bring it on.

They would need a Giant Tree Spade to move that tree and it wouldn't be cheap.
I think it's even too big for that maybe. One company said largest tree spade they have is up to 24" diameter trunk.

View attachment 637925

View attachment 637926

"The" Tree Spade has long been the line manufactured by Dutchman Industries, which the manufacturer guarantees for trees up to 12". They have occasionally manufactured one-off machines (typically installed on semis), but the market for those things is so small it's the classic thing that's not even mentioned until a customer with deep enough pockets comes along and shares development costs. They are kinda like the Antonov 225 of moving trees around. ;) So rare and so little used people will come from far and wide to watch it in action.
The only "tree spades" I've seen here were manufactured by Tobroco (a Dutch company specializing in nursery equipment and mostly using Kubota components) but the market for them is so small they stopped manufacturing them a couple years ago. There's some NOS still around but nobody really wants it. Nurseries are organized to run different equipment (usually an escavator to dig the tree up and a clamp to move the tree to where it needs to go, usually either the baling station or a huge pot) and moving large trees around is so rare it's newspaper material.

Ok it’s Facebook vs CL but thought this was funny. They didn’t take a lot of time for presentation lol.

View attachment 638782
Reminds me of the winter of 2008 or 9 in the inland Northwest. Had a MGB parked in the yard and completely covered with snow. The Chihuahuas had tunnels to pee in.. Funny

Kinda makes ya wonder if the seller is a mix, or just the wood. Or both a mixed up
LOL I don’t know. I considered flagging it but this time of year anyone buying wood needs it bad and true seasoned wood is sold out so I guess 100 bucks a pickup load for questionably seasoned wood isn’t that bad of a deal.

LOL I don’t know. I considered flagging it but this time of year anyone buying wood needs it bad and true seasoned wood is sold out so I guess 100 bucks a pickup load for questionably seasoned wood isn’t that bad of a deal.
Might be something my wife MIGHT be able to light. But she trys..

My buddy ran out of wood in early April in that polar vortex winter and ended up buying oak for 140 a face cord lol. Not seasoned. Luckily his owb would digest it lol.

rare stihl cs 670 on cl mpls .....

how can someone take a pic and write this ad

working on link not working

Attachments

• 58254BD9-79B0-4C32-B761-0C8353BC961D.png
    58254BD9-79B0-4C32-B761-0C8353BC961D.png
    607.3 KB · Views: 74
  • F254D3F1-6851-4B75-88C4-097E89FB75BF.png
    F254D3F1-6851-4B75-88C4-097E89FB75BF.png
    641.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 3C8D379C-FA25-4BE7-B4E9-CDDBC952977D.png
    3C8D379C-FA25-4BE7-B4E9-CDDBC952977D.png