Echo Trimmer Carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wigglesworth

Booned
Reaction score
Obviously not saw related, but what were they thinking with these fixed jet rotary carbs? The only screw on it is and idle screw :dizzy: Anybody know of a direct replacment carb with some adjustment to it, the will be a direct swap on a Echo SRM 210?

Other than the carb, when it runs right, it is a heck of a lightweight trimmer. Too bad I have to clean the carb out every few weeks. :cry:

I got a 210 and have never had to touch the carb and never had an issue. Check your dealers i'm sure they have something that came off an oldy that would work.

Obviously not saw related, but what were they thinking with these fixed jet rotary carbs? The only screw on it is and idle screw :dizzy: Anybody know of a direct replacment carb with some adjustment to it, the will be a direct swap on a Echo SRM 210?

Other than the carb, when it runs right, it is a heck of a lightweight trimmer. Too bad I have to clean the carb out every few weeks. :cry:

Hi Wigglesworth,
If you look right below the primer bulb, through the opening, there is a small plastic plug that you can remove with a hot knife or small screwdriver. There's a adjustment screw behind that. It makes a big difference in how it runs.

Hi Wigglesworth,
If you look right below the primer bulb, through the opening, there is a small plastic plug that you can remove with a hot knife or small screwdriver. There's a adjustment screw behind that. It makes a big difference in how it runs.

Thanks for the info. What does the screw adjust? L side? H side?

what is the sn on your 410? Should look like a little black round piece of plastic.

Just for an update. I took the rotary carb apart again tonight, and located the adjustment screw mentioned earlier. It had a plastic cover over it that I like to have never got out. Before adjusting it, I fired it up, and it wouldnt rev, lean, it just stumbled. I turned the screw counter clockwise, in my mind adding fuel, and viola, no more stumble. Rev's good, and sits' about 8k RPM WOT. Thanks for the tips guys.

The adjustment screw that you found is the high speed adjustment. If it is a Walbro carb, there is also a low speed adjustment screw hidden as well. Check out this thread and you will learn a lot. This is where I learned about it. I have since tuned my weedeater and blower and they run much better now. The best way that I have found to remove them is to heat a small metal pick with a flame. While it is still hot, insert it through the plastic plug (it will melt the plastic), then leave it to cool. Once it cools, pull on the pick and the plug will come right out.

http://www.************/showthread.php?t=312547

Back