Finished splitting yesterday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you get your wood from? Buy logs or scrounge? Both?
Those pics just make me smile. Love the close up of it checking on ends. I even showed the wife...lol.

I've never bought any logs, knowing loggers is helpful.:happybanana:

It is pretty surprising how much the wood has already dried throughout the Winter. The splitting started in Dec.

I found the piece of wood I was looking for last nite, the one to finish filling the wood shed!!!! 7 full cord in the shed, 2 full cord stacked between the pine trees next to the garage, life is good.

Well,

I finally got my wood stacked up for next year. I have two 20" rows, 52' long x 5'3" high. By my calcualtions it puts me at 7 full cords. Time to start processing some logs.

Great pics.
Gotta love seeing all that fuel stacked there.
What species are we talking there Sir?

Well,

I finally got my wood stacked up for next year. I have two 20" rows, 52' long x 5'3" high. By my calcualtions it puts me at 7 full cords. Time to start processing some logs.

That, sir, is purdy. If I were you, I'd be spending a fair bit of time just standing there admiring it.

I know there's quite a bit of shagbark, some rock maple, a little poplar, some red oak. Maybe an odd tree here and there, but those 4 mostly.
My favorite firewood is Sugar Maple (or as some call it, rock maple)
Shagbark Hickory is another good one. I do cut some Red Oak but I stack it separate as it takes 2-3 years seasoning.
My Poplar is used for kindling and comes from trees on my property. It gets stacked on the kindling racks.
We have a lot of Black Cherry firewood here too. The really straight logs go to veneer or finish lumber.

Well, I have some uglies and a few punky blocks to split, but I'm done for awhile.

20180422_151050.jpg

Back