Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven’t seen the paint markings before, but Trees are painted for thinning.
The orange “tape” is Hazard tree flagging commonly used on fires, then evaluated by a felling Boss for validity.

@2dogs mite have more insight being a Hazard tree dropper :)))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those paint marks are specific to northern Collyfornia. The "P" stands for someone pooped next to that tree. The circle with crosshairs is where the flying saucer is supposed to land. Glad I could be of help.

On a good note following Norcal fires:

The Band Together Bay Area benefit concert at AT&T Park on Thursday generated $17 million, bringing the total raised to $23 million for those affected by the firestorm that swept through Northern California, officials announced Friday.

More money for the Tipping Point Emergency Relief Fund was expected to come in as the Band Together Bay Area coalition continues to count money raised by selling merchandise and streaming the concert online via sites such as Twitter and YouTube.

With a lineup that featured popular Bay Area acts Metallica, Dead & Company, G-Eazy, Rancid and Raphael Saadiq (along with visitors Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds), the sold-out concert drew more than 40,000 people to the ballpark. Some 6,500 tickets were donated to first responders and residents of the areas hardest hit by the fire.

And a Great Project and “Over the Top” showing happening right now in Santa Rosa. I believe close to a 1000 Bike’s were collected, cleaned, tuned-up and donated to those affected.
Huge shout-out to Southern Marin FD and countless others for this effort.
PD
2c8f63be3eddc64bc258bc1edc82c60a.jpg
. Q

Are these "fire guy" markings? If so, what do the signify? We are finally getting access to the Preserve on the Napa-Sonoma border and see these marks, wonder what they denote.
I found out what the P1 and P2 marks on trees denote. PG&E arborists and foresters assessed trees near power lines. P1 trees are deemed dead or dying and to be removed immediately. P2 trees have "secondary priority." Also, trees marked FP1 or FP2 will be trimmed.
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/7649599-181/pge-aims-to-remove-25000?artslide=0

I found out what the P1 and P2 marks on trees denote. PG&E arborists and foresters assessed trees near power lines. P1 trees are deemed dead or dying and to be removed immediately. P2 trees have "secondary priority." Also, trees marked FP1 or FP2 will be trimmed.
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/7649599-181/pge-aims-to-remove-25000?artslide=0
Thanks, we have lots of trees marked and It is good to know the plan. Looks to me like they could remove a lot more, most of the P1 are just stems with the limbs burned completely off. They (we) have some time, not like dead snags yet. What a mess.

Attachments

• rfire5.jpg
    rfire5.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 17
  • rfire6.jpg
    rfire6.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 18
  • RVfire.jpg
    RVfire.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 18
  • RVfire2.jpg
    RVfire2.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 17
  • rvfire4.jpg
    rvfire4.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 17
  • rvfire7.jpg
    rvfire7.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 18
  • rvfire9.jpg
    rvfire9.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 17
  • rvfire10.jpg
    rvfire10.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 19
  • srwork3.jpg
    srwork3.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 18
Doesn't look good if these fires merge n march west.

image.jpeg

Thoughts n prayers gong out to all my fellow Californians in it's path.

Jomoco

Latest posts

Back