Help with Jonsered ID?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beavis331

Wiggle wiggle wiggle
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
attachment.php
Hey guys. This is my uncles Jonsered he wants me to get running for him. I would like to know what I am working on. It has spark and compression. My shoulder is thrown out pretty good but I did manage to get 140 PSI on my guage. Should just need carb and fuel line work. I also have to work on my other uncles MS200T and they gave me a 038AV project saw.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

49SP? No..............
Don't mind that boy he's stihl cuttin' his tooth on a "Wildthing":clap:

Looks more like a 830-930 type.Have you measured the bore?
And is that a compression release or plug cap on top?
Can't tell from the pics.

Last edited:
820 or 920 820=52mm bore 920=54mm bore Older model with the metal recoil instead of a plastic one. Interesting though with the coil on top of the plug. That would be a 910e set up. Explains why the cover was cut. Let me know how it runs with that ignition.

820 or 920 820=52mm bore 920=54mm bore Older model with the metal recoil instead of a plastic one. Interesting though with the coil on top of the plug. That would be a 910e set up. Explains why the cover was cut. Let me know how it runs with that ignition.

Yep, definitely one of those. I didn't think the 910 coil would work on the 920's.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys. I will definately let you know how it runs when I get that far. As I stated earlier my shoulder is kind of in tough shape right now. I may have to find some other sucker to pull it over as this old boy has pretty heavy compression. I don't think I could start it if it was in good running order. I am looking forward on getting those two stihl saws going too.

Here's my Jonsered 830

Not a 49sp.....take a look at my avatar...that's a 49sp.

Here's my Jonsered 830 for comparison....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's your Uncles:

attachment.php

Last edited:
I knew it wasn't a 49sp. It does look very similar to you 830. Although the screw for the air cleaner covers are different. This one has one screw and yours has 2.

I knew it wasn't a 49sp. It does look very similar to you 830. Although the screw for the air cleaner covers are different. This one has one screw and yours has 2.

im fairly certain that its a 920

Yes most likely, but the 820 is idenical except stickers/tags and bore so until you determine the bore you can't be sure.

The one screw filter cover and the Partner type handlebar mount tells me that it is either a 920 or 820. :agree2:

Last edited:
Well the jonsered is a runner! I droped out the old skunky gas and put in some fresh mix and it started up without any problems. It was running pretty rich on the high so I set it were it should be. I may have to get her out and cut some wood with it.

Shawn that ignition system seems to work good. When I checked for spark it did not have the greatest spark but I think it could use a new plug.

Wiggles the 038 will be a project for me. I ordered a recoil for it. I'll check for compression when I get the recoil. I'm looking forward to having an 038.

Saw troll thanks for the positive ID. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated on this site. Thankyou :cheers:

Latest posts

Back