Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am wondering if anyone has some old Tillotson info on HS carb series applications.......

Tillotson doesn't appear to list info on those carbs/applications anymore. At least, that I can find.

Thanks folks.

A little late on this, and it may not apply, but here's a link that includes a bunch of Tilly stuff someone (Jerry Morrow maybe?) was kind enough to send me as I was compiling carb info a while back. May not be viewable online depending on your browser plugins or apps, but should be downloadable as PDF's.

https://drive.google.com/folderview...ZQazhCMk1OemF1aWVZOFhaQWl0UzRuNDA&usp=sharing

A little late on this, and it may not apply, but here's a link that includes a bunch of Tilly stuff someone (Jerry Morrow maybe?) was kind enough to send me as I was compiling carb info a while back. May not be viewable online depending on your browser plugins or apps, but should be downloadable as PDF's.

https://drive.google.com/folderview...ZQazhCMk1OemF1aWVZOFhaQWl0UzRuNDA&usp=sharing

That's great info for anyone who works on Outdoor power equipment.

Thanks Poge.

ID needed for this giant air filter please thank you
37dec6508a46084db0a033b155b8e4b9.jpg
# 39-3101

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I need help and answers for my Homelite C-52. I bought it after starting it and letting it idle for a minute then made a full throttle cookie cut in a log the guy had and it seemed perfect. After that it sat in my girlfriends old cold rock foundation cellar for the winter until now and I took it out and fired it up but it wouldn't idle unless I kept giving it a little throttle and a full throttle it didn't run good and almost looked like it was spitting bar oil out of the stack exhaust. I shut it down and went into the cellar with flashlight and noticed puddle of bar oil where it had been resting. Any ideas what is wrong and how to fix it? Thanks in advance Homelite guys.

What undee70ss said, and run it long enough to get the fresh fuel through the system. Drain it and run it dry before storing it again. And no ethanol in the gas.

Every saw i buy or find free i dump gas out and put in VPracing fuel e free mix and give it a quick run. I would like more info on what undee70ss said about bar oil getting into gas tank. Its not an old bad gas issue. I haven't torn apart any of my old homelites because simply they haven't needed it. Only thing ive needed to do on them so far is fuel lines and adjust carb. I appreciate the help though.

I'ts not good to run a 2 stroke dry. When you do you will notice it will start to rev real fast, that means it's leaning out. I had one of my 100 CC Homelite Super 1050's start to run out with a couple inches of cut left. I shook it trying to get the last drop and finish the last cut on the last log. Just as it broke through the bottom of the log it cut off. Figured it finally ran out. Wouldn't start the next time I fueled it up. That's when I found this site. Some one told me to pull the muffler. Sure enough, the rings were melted into the piston, less than 100 PSI compression. In my big old saws I run 32:1 Stihl Synthetic, which usually only get used milling now. I have about 30 saws, 2 Stihls, 2 Echos, 1 Disston and the rest Homelites. I'll never lose another one to leaning it out running out of fuel, Joe.

Running a saw wide open in a cut until it runs out of fuel and letting a saw just idle dry for extended storage are two entirely different situations representing two entirely different sets of conditions..., typically yielding different results..., one normally positive as an advisable and widely accepted preventative measure..., the other sometimes not so positive as a not so advisable cutting practice (as you've unfortunately already experienced).

So idling it until dry is safe, cutting it dry is not good?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just got a super XL automatic. Looks pretty good now that it's cleaned up. It wants to start, but only fires a little. Never had one this old. It's got a thumb pump for killing the bar. Lol. Lol its like trying to drop crank a concrete block. Talk to me friends I'm gonna need your help.

Latest posts

Back