Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think all the 925's had the manual oiler plunger attached to the rear handle case instead of on the right side of the air box.

View attachment 635807
Now I am really confused.. There's a news flash, hu? I'll take a pick cuz (well),,, cuz I can.. I love learning new stuff.. There is more than just the comp-release. Got linkage, and springs, and hoses, and I just don't really know till i finish dinner. Must lock-up anyway. We have a real mystery..

Now I am really confused.. There's a news flash, hu? I'll take a pick cuz (well),,, cuz I can.. I love learning new stuff.. There is more than just the comp-release. Got linkage, and springs, and hoses, and I just don't really know till i finish dinner. Must lock-up anyway. We have a real mystery..
Tim, here's what I have.. The 103. And then the 925 I think. Can't find a model #, so assume it a 925. Set me straight if you know. Just love to learn.IMG_20180225_214151.jpg IMG_20180225_214112.jpg IMG_20180225_213859.jpg IMG_20180225_213752.jpg

As far as my experience goes with the few I have, yes they do.

THe fuel tank on your saw is not from a 700 or 701 as those tanks were epoxied together and you wont see any screws on the flywheel side holding the tank halves together, If you pull the starter and look at the paint color on the crankcase that may narrow it further. Maybe someone can chime in because I think there may have been another model that was painted blue.
Tim,

I am only seeing that maybe the 870 and 903 came with the HS56A carb. Does this sound correct?

I will pull the recoil off this afternoon and have a look in there too.

Tim,

I am only seeing that maybe the 870 and 903 came with the HS56A carb. Does this sound correct?

I will pull the recoil off this afternoon and have a look in there too.

No idea. I don't have any application charts from back then, I think when Tillotson updated their charts they would put whatever the current correct model would be so the original carb may not be not on the charts.
I looked at a couple of them and didn't see any reference to the HS-56 carb

The 901, 903, 904 IPL calls for an HS-56A That's as far as I went.

I noticed the Acres site didn't show the 56 as the carb but maybe they were looking at a given model year. I did see the 903 and 870 cited elsewhere. Will keep digging.

Would there be any ##"S stamped on it?

There will likely be a number cast in on the inside. That likely won't help as it won't show on any IPL's as it wasn't sold as a raw casting. It would be part of a sub assembly with screen, cord bushing, pin etc. I had a look in a spare and I see A-63010 cast in (from a 902AM). I'll bet they all have that. Not sure though.

There will likely be a number cast in on the inside. That likely won't help as it won't show on any IPL's as it wasn't sold as a raw casting. It would be part of a sub assembly with screen, cord bushing, pin etc. I had a look in a spare and I see A-63010 cast in (from a 902AM). I'll bet they all have that. Not sure though.
Thanks, I'll have a look

I couldn't get the clutch off without a puller. Looks like there is a plastic baffle behind it though so assuming there's an oil pump behind the baffle?

View attachment 635941 View attachment 635942

That piece of black rubber is a dust shield to keep crap from getting between the crankcase and the fuel tank. The oiler if there is one is between the clutch and the dust shield.

My 924 has a plastic baffle hiding the auto oiler underneath it.

Edit: I lied, found a photo, the oiler lives on top of the plastic baffle, you should be able to see it easily around the clutch.

Moving forward in the game of “whatisit” on my Homelite, I got it freed up and took the cylinder off. It had seized due to moisture/corrosion and the bore on this cylinder is quite good. The piston may even be salvageable. Haven’t been able to get the clutch off yet but put some oil on the threads and letting it sit.

Part number 63012....2” bore so it’s narrowed down to 700 or 901. How do I determine it from there?

674E9A83-8031-4E96-9997-EC6E9B52CA09.jpeg

Back