• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold HUSKY 394XP FULL WRAP - SRCARR52 MODDED

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caddguy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Up for sale is my SRCARR ported 394. Everything is OEM expect for the clutch cover. I have another project to fund and hope this can go to someone that makes a living dropping big wood or someone that likes to mill. A few things to notice: Dual Port offset muffler job also by Shaun. This saw also has the nice protection plate on the bottom front left. West Coast option..? I have only run BELRAY HR1 in this saw since I had it ported. Newer coil also last fall.
This saw rips and is a true tree killer.
PHO $800.00 plus the ride.
image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG

Prefer PAYPAL friends and family.

Dave

Hmm...Little too high $$ ? I saw the recent pretty 395 (stocker) just went for 725.00.
This saw had base cut, exhaust welded and raised, timing, carb work, new bearings, seals, new intake block, piston windows modded, new muffler, no baffles, stacked dual porting.
Don't ask what this all cost me, plenty. Worth every cent. I have Shaun's new sticker for the saw also :)
Xmas special!!! PHO $725.00 plus the ride

I am in Iowa City/Coralville area.
Yes the sale is for the powerhead...I do have a brand new 36" GB bar that I might consider selling, but I hate shipping them as they are not fun to package and they are, in my opinion, expensive to ship.
**This saw will rip, with a 44" milling white oak....**

This is another video of this saw in action:

If I didn't already own a ported 394 I'd be all over this. One of the best saws husky made. Srcarr52 is prolly the most underrated porter on AS, glws

He lives very close to me, less than 5 mins. He is so incredibly smart with regards to the engineering and innovative thinking when dealing with machine work of any kind. The difference his work makes in a saw is jaw dropping. He is very very talented and one hell of a nice guy! I am very lucky to have him close.

Any idea what it would cost to ship to Murfreesboro, TN? What would you charge for the 36" bar? What bar/chain would you recommend for milling?

Any idea what it would cost to ship to Murfreesboro, TN? What would you charge for the 36" bar? What bar/chain would you recommend for milling?
I would think no more than 20.00 shipping. If it costs more I'll cover it for the power Head.
I have 3 brand new 36" .063ga GB Australian Ti bars that I would let one go for 60.00.
Honestly speaking, there is nothing wrong with a regular old oregon bar in good shape (as long as your 36" or shorter) and cheap chain as long as you know how to grind it for milling.

I would think no more than 20.00 shipping. If it costs more I'll cover it for the power Head.
I have 3 brand new 36" .063ga GB Australian Ti bars that I would let one go for 60.00.
Honestly speaking, there is nothing wrong with a regular old oregon bar in good shape (as long as your 36" or shorter) and cheap chain as long as you know how to grind it for milling.
Ok, just sent you message/conversation? don't know the lingo on this board yet.

Not sure if I'm using the conversation tool right, so: could you do the saw, 36" bar, ripping chain, and shipping for Murfreesboro, TN for $800-$825? I can paypal the funds this evening.

$850 for all total includes shipping.
1 - 394XP fully customized by SRCARR
1 - Brand new 36" GB Ti AU orange bar and matching milling chain.

What say you...?

Just messaged you. I'll let you know in the morning. If you get another offer, take it. That's just a lot of $.

Just posted this to a new thread on terminology under the equipment forums, but figured I'd ask you to (maybe there are other lurkers who are as ignorant as I am).

I'm seriously considering buying this 394xp, but I need help with some of the terminology. I'm not an arborist. I don't work on chainsaws or much other mechanical stuff. I do hobbyist woodworking, which I'm planning on moving into full time when I retire from university teaching in 5 years or so. So, I'm looking at this saw which has been modified by being "ported." What does that mean? And what is a dual offset muffler and why is that important? What is BElRAY HR1?

Maybe someone could post a list of the kinds of modifications you pros make to your saws, why you make them, and how it changes the performance of the saw?
Thanks.

At 850 this is an unbelievably good package. Srcarr52 knows exactly what he's doing when he builds saws. It's a work saw that will make you smile from ear to ear yet be completely reliable day in and day out. Poke around and do some reading.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Ted, All that means the saw will have more torque, more power etc, burn cleaner etc. Belray HR1 you could google... it is a synthetic oil to mix w/ your gasoline. top shelf stuff.

Basically a ported saw = more VROOM VROOM and faster wood cutting.

If you don't snap up this saw soon... I'm waiting for my Xmas bonus check.. and I'll buy the powerhead only at $725 + shipping and snake it out from you. $850 for a 36" bar + powerhead is a good deal. That port work alone runs about $300.

I'll take it. Send me your paypal info. Thanks, guys, for all the info/comments you've shared for a newbie.
I'll be pestering you a lot more in the days to come. Here's just some of what I need to mill. IMG_2921.JPGEastern red cedar that came down in a tornado a couple years back. IMG_2921.JPGIMG_2916.JPGOak from a neighbor behind me that I got last year. IMG_2919.JPGAnd a mix of maple and hackberry that I got delivered this fall. Plus, I've got a cedar back in the woods that came down during the ice storm last winter.

Back