Husqvarna 372xp & 372xp x-torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Carver 81

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a few of these saws now and I was wondering are the crankcases the same? Muffler? I'm sorry ahead of time if this isn't posted in the correct place.

THANK YOU BSNELING!!!!!! I noticed visually the looked similar but I wanted to make sure. I need a case. one of the saws for slapped and broke the muffler tabs I've got a half dozen or so but was going to try and find me another case. Have you header anything about these aftermarket cases?

Wait a second though... I seem to recall a Spike60 vid that demonstrated how the 372OE and 372XT are the same in almost all respects save a few... I'm 99% sure he showed that the cylinder skirt protrusion on the XT cylinder is longer and cannot be fitted to the OE crankcase without clearancing the OE case to allow the XT cylinder to seat all the way. He showed that the cylinder skirt would contact the case before the cylinder bolts draw the cylinder all the way down. You can however put an XPW 75cc top end on OE case, and you can put ANY top end on the XT case.

Mufflers are the same unless they are coming with Cat mufflers now.

Let me look around and see if I can find it...

So if the crankcases are different, then wouldn't the xt case have more volume and screw with tuning a little?
The difference is minor but enough so that you cannot simply bolt an XT cylinder onto a non-XT bottom end. You will not be able to seat the cylinder all the way and will break the cylinder base at the bolt holes if you try and force it.

But if you wanted to put an OE or XPW top end on an XT bottom, you can with no modification. Yeah, there might be a slight difference in case volume, but I seriously doubt it would be any trouble to deal with.

1 of my 372xp Xtorq saw has the muffler tabs broken off knuckle-boom lol and I have 9 372 4 are xtorq saws the other's are the regular 372xp saws not counting JRed's and 371 and such. I posted this like an idiot after I thought why don't I just throw them on the bench and do some of my own studying but still, I happy accept advice a little criticism from one to another with no whining and crying on my part. My grandfather told me when someone speaks listen and surround yourself with smart and like minded people as you. A little about me I build saws I love to run them and wish I got to more than on tuning and test cuts I mainly worked with Stihl saws well I buy lots of broken or retired saws. I started this because I enjoy working on them, also part of my family owns a mill. I'm in negotiations and deal's with wiseco for forged pistons for about 30 different saws some dual rings some single by my design for different compression bumps ceramic crankshaft bearings even a machine steel wrist pin option even a few titanium wrist pins for most every saw Stihl Husqvarna even got billit and injection model flywheels, also on hand a DYNOmite "Lite" Kit - LCD dynometter and this I just a taste of what my website and me and my crew will be able too for you 1. baseline Dyno run with print out and once a saw is done to your request and second dyno pull you will receive your new and improved Carver's custom performance saw with an in detail list of what was done. So you will have the paperwork and your dyno pulls to show your real accurate gains. Yes you will get HD video of your pulls. Even if you want custom powder coat and hydrodiped can also be done even cryo your crank for further hardening Crank and rod well I don't want to keep beating this post to death I'll post when everyone is coming to a head I have soon many saws on the bench now. Also I'll even take trade in saws for work services I'll offer

Latest posts

Back