I-5 bypass

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang! Weird that I hadn't seen anything about it online. I don't have TV (just netflix and youtube), but I usually see stuff like that on the Facebook page of the local news.

Most of the roads here are it as well. Road is shut down, you wait. Might be a few hours, might be a week, all depending on what happened.

Really surprises a bunch of folks down here when even a minor highway gets taken out, be it flooding, land slides, wrecks, Evel Knievel listening to too much Grateful Dead...

We got mountains on the right, and water on the left, with a bunch of tight spots up and down. And a boat load of towns up in the valleys that only realistically have one way in or out, in the best of times.

You could still do it. If you started right now you have it done in time for Farley's.

Quite right. I lack only shop space, finances, and motivation.

We got mountains on the right, and water on the left, with a bunch of tight spots up and down. And a boat load of towns up in the valleys that only realistically have one way in or out, in the best of times.

Too true. Consider that I have friends who live across the water from me by Steamboat Island. It's 3 miles across the water, yet it's 40 miles by road because there are no bridges, and I have to go all the way south and then all the way north again to cover the same ground on dry land. Our geography here is pretty limiting.

Really surprises a bunch of folks down here when even a minor highway gets taken out, be it flooding, land slides, wrecks, Evel Knievel listening to too much Grateful Dead...

Bascially the same thing here. Last winter two of the three major highways in and out of Humboldt County were closed due to slides. It didn't take long for the supply chain to start dwindling.
The old timers here behind the redwood curtain tend to hoard gasoline, tobacco, sugar, salt, and canned goods this time of year.

Bascially the same thing here. Last winter two of the three major highways in and out of Humboldt County were closed due to slides. It didn't take long for the supply chain to start dwindling.
The old timers here behind the redwood curtain tend to hoard gasoline, tobacco, sugar, salt, and canned goods this time of year.
I like that the top or yer list is Gasoline and Tobacco...

Friends and Family of mine where stuck behind the Oso slide, some for several weeks, trip around wasn't worth the gas, so they just hunkered down and sat it out on what they had on hand... think a few of em gained weight.

Top of my list is coffee!:cool:

Top of my list is coffee!:cool:

I like my Coffee too, but my Wife, is a self proclaimed Unpleasant ***** until she has had her morning java

I pretty much avoid her until at least her SECOND cup ;):)

I'm Brave not Stupid, disturbing her before that second cup, is best preceded by "Hold my Beer, and Watch This"

Getting between a Grumpy Grizzly Sow and her Cubs is Safer than being between my Wife and her Coffee :)

Doug

I thought everybody with a lick of sense hoarded those things?:havingarest:

Latest posts

Back