I found a Unicorn and took it home today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
replaced the swaybar links and bushings yesterday,it was a PIA.The lower links are inserted into the tubular lower A arms and when set the bolts don't line up w the access hole in the bottom of the arms. After removing the frame bushings I was able to rack the bar left and right to get a socket on the nuts.The holes are just large enough to fit the flange washers under the bottom bushings. I jammed the nut in a 14mm deep socket and carefully stacked the washer on top of the nut stuck halfway into the socket. After 3 tries and dropping the washer I got the nut and washer on the bolt.I could not get the other side started until I taped the washer to the socket and centered it over the nut.
I can't believe the difference in the steering now.The original links were rusty and the bushings were dry rotted but I had tightened them a few months ago. Apparently they were shifting in turns and the truck was darting going into sharp right turns @ 40ish mph. Test drive and there was no darting.

New, dealer take off wheels and tires for $600 today!
20200923_210235.jpg

20200923_182819.jpg

I'm surprised a 90s truck isn't rusty!

In many places, you're lucky to get 10-15 years out of a vehicle before it's rusty.

Latest posts

Back