I'm from China. I need logs. There's a log to come.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Trump is doing with China is the last ditch effort from at least a decade of USA painting itself into this particular corner. He will prevail in this so-called trade war. Actually, what will be painted and perhaps perceived as a win is actually merely restoring the trade to a more balanced position. If I'm not mistaken, USA's current trade deficits with China are at or near record highs. It's unsustainable on many levels.

I'd be bloody happy if we can finally buy cedar logs/products from the Northern Hemisphere at less than nose-bleed pricing. Hopefully it doesn't hurt the guys actually doing the felling and processing, rather the middle men are shunted out of the way.

*editing to add* I've toured Chinese mills as a buying agent for different customers of different countries. Bent doesn't begin to describe the mill owners I've encountered, mainly in Northern China. But to be honest, I have to say I was quite disgusted by the conduct of one particular group of American buyers. Let's just say the opportunities to blackmail the bastards and threaten to tell their wives back in USA about the pros they engaged while in China were many. I purposely declined to deal with them after the way they behaved.

What Trump is doing with China is the last ditch effort from at least a decade of USA painting itself into this particular corner. He will prevail in this so-called trade war. Actually, what will be painted and perhaps perceived as a win is actually merely restoring the trade to a more balanced position. If I'm not mistaken, USA's current trade deficits with China are at or near record highs. It's unsustainable on many levels.

I'd be bloody happy if we can finally buy cedar logs/products from the Northern Hemisphere at less than nose-bleed pricing. Hopefully it doesn't hurt the guys actually doing the felling and processing, rather the middle men are shunted out of the way.

*editing to add* I've toured Chinese mills as a buying agent for different customers of different countries. Bent doesn't begin to describe the mill owners I've encountered, mainly in Northern China. But to be honest, I have to say I was quite disgusted by the conduct of one particular group of American buyers. Let's just say the opportunities to blackmail the bastards and threaten to tell their wives back in USA about the pros they engaged while in China were many. I purposely declined to deal with them after the way they behaved.
Now I agree trade with China needs fixed, but I don't see the cheetos plan as last ditch, but more of a knee jerk reaction, that is heavily biased on misinformation.

The blatant patent violations could easily be fixed by not allowing such things into the US, by regulating the amazon/allibubba/Ebay markets or simply just observing what gets shipped in. You know, doing what customs agents are supposed to be doing.

Before folks get all shirty about customs enforcement, there are long standing international laws regulating these things, china is in violation of them, but the US is just as guilty for allowing it to happen, like I said before some crooked suit is making bank off the deals, while the rest of us pay for it.

All that said US heavy industries have been in decline since the early 80's. Largely due to trickle down economics, thanks Reagan... and Bush, and now the cheeto too. Making it profitable to not invest in one's company, but rather outsource it to some half assed third world or communist country, with lower standards of both production and safety. Because **** you and your American dream, I'm rich and don't need to care about the workers.

[QUOTE =“Jhenderson,帖子:6705252,会员:143764”]告诉中国人停止窃取知识产权,降低吉普牧马人的80%关税,并放弃将乙二醇加入宠物食品和牙膏中。贸易战将在第二天营业结束时结束。[/ QUOTE]
My friend, I'm a timber dealer. I can't do anything else.

[QUOTE =“northmanlogging,post:6705512,member:76731”]因为担心这种危险的政治,你真的认为贸易战是关于吉普车或乙二醇或公然掠夺思想,煤炭或大豆

造成它的钱,仅仅是好的贪婪和小偷小摸,同时我们这些直接受到这场小小的贸易战的影响,得到短暂的吸管,最终可能失去我们的业务,家园,农场和生计,在[/ QUOTE]上不明确
We are ordinary people, we treat you my friends, we are not malicious, we hope everyone can be good

[QUOTE =“grizz55chev,帖子:6705849,会员:58629”]中国菜会做到这一点,容易解决问题。:p[/引用]

[QUOTE =“CR888,帖子:6705881,成员:109954”]至少他并没有向该网站发送垃圾邮件。差的人... [/ QUOTE]
我的,看到你们能回复我我很开心。你们都用什么聊天。

[QUOTE =“northmanlogging,post:6705512,member:76731”]因为担心这种危险的政治,你真的认为贸易战是关于吉普车或乙二醇或公然掠夺思想,煤炭或大豆

造成它的钱,仅仅是好的贪婪和小偷小摸,同时我们这些直接受到这场小小的贸易战的影响,得到短暂的吸管,最终可能失去我们的业务,家园,农场和生计,在[/ QUOTE]上不明确
We are ordinary people, we treat you my friends, we are not malicious, we hope everyone can be good
It's not the people, it's the government and big business

[QUOTE =“Jhenderson,帖子:6706248,成员:143764”]你在叫我傻吗?你的地缘政治经济学学位来自哪里?可可泡芙盒子?让我们陷入困境的是自私的人。你知道,你投票的那些。他们不会让我们离开。如果你认为他们关心你,你最好先看看那个镜子,然后再打电话给别人。[/ QUOTE]
My friend, we don't want to fight a trade war, we want peace, we want a happy life. I don't know how to leave a message. I'm not familiar with our platform. That friend can teach me if he can.

[QUOTE =“catbuster,post:6706853,member:43470”]前言 - 我同意你(Gyppo's Gyppo)的大部分要点。在1991年大选时我才5岁。我同意特朗普当选人在讨论中国和知识产权时对“MAGA”的担忧。他们确实偷了它,这是错误的。但现在就是这样。

我的学位来自路易斯维尔大学。虽然它是在土木工程,我们研究供应链和经济学和shtuff。显而易见的是,贸易战是一场刀战。你几乎互相切断,直到一个人流血。我们很难得到中国的支持,但我们对他们做了同样的事情并继续这样做。

如果你对这里的工业受到伤害比竞争更糟,那么高关税和贸易战可能适合你。东南亚可以比我们更快,更便宜地做事情,并且比我们在美国本土更能应对经济风暴。事实上,目前的联邦政策对美国的贸易和环境都不利。

我不会从那里开始,因为他的面孔可能会叫我一些有过度工作的工程师,并假设我在这个领域没有做任何事情。美国不会很快从1870年代到1970年代回到其主要的工业时代。没有任何政策可以决定毛泽东/习近平的经济口述。
我会在线程被锁定之前离开。[/ QUOTE]
Friends, what do you do? Are they all made of wood?

Believe me, I hate to see this embargo ******** as much as anybody! YES it is going to affect me directly, I sold some shipping logs today in fact. My buyer told me that in order for them to make it before the deadline, his containers had to be shipped by next week. Tighten your belts guys, we may be in for a rough ride in the veneer business. My logs today did VERY well, 2 weeks from now who knows what the markets will be.

It helped me. I picked up about 700 tons of logs that were otherwise supposed to go to China. Contract got cancelled.

The guy that logged it is happy. Wood stays local, much less headache, and he loves that he's able to help a disabled vet grow his business.

Now I agree trade with China needs fixed, but I don't see the cheetos plan as last ditch, but more of a knee jerk reaction, that is heavily biased on misinformation.

The blatant patent violations could easily be fixed by not allowing such things into the US, by regulating the amazon/allibubba/Ebay markets or simply just observing what gets shipped in. You know, doing what customs agents are supposed to be doing.

Before folks get all shirty about customs enforcement, there are long standing international laws regulating these things, china is in violation of them, but the US is just as guilty for allowing it to happen, like I said before some crooked suit is making bank off the deals, while the rest of us pay for it.

All that said US heavy industries have been in decline since the early 80's. Largely due to trickle down economics, thanks Reagan... and Bush, and now the cheeto too. Making it profitable to not invest in one's company, but rather outsource it to some half assed third world or communist country, with lower standards of both production and safety. Because **** you and your American dream, I'm rich and don't need to care about the workers.
That's what I mean by painting yourselves into a corner but if laying blame I don't think consumers should get a free ride. It became too easy to choose the cheaper product consequences be damned. Happens here too. I marvel at how clueless consumers can be.

I’d think someone who cares so much about workers would be sending their wood to all those local, high production mills you spoke about. It must be when the money goes in your pocket it’s different than those “ I’m rich and don’t need to care about the workers” guys you bad mouth on a daily basis.

That's what I mean by painting yourselves into a corner but if laying blame I don't think consumers should get a free ride. It became too easy to choose the cheaper product consequences be damned. Happens here too. I marvel at how clueless consumers can be.
Absolutely!

Oh but I saved $10!...

Buy junk. Eat junk, use junk, act like junk, walk like junk...

On a slightly related note. Slightly... been driving truck the last 3 weeks, passing one of 4 locale wallmerch warts. Every day, and sometimes twice the police are called to wallyworld here...

Do you have friends from Europe or North America? Can you give me a message? Take a look at the cooperative wood.

I have learned that China has a big demand for Pond Pine (Pinus serotina), a tree basically detested in the forest products industry in the southeastern states of the US. They are buying the logs and shipping them out from the Atlantic and Gulf Coastal plain ports. That's a long way to ship a raw log.

I am super curious to know what the application is for what comes out of those logs.

I also suspect that this is driving a big demand for Pond Pine seed, something I specialize in though it is not easy to get. I would really like to be in contact with whoever it is in China that wants this seed. Dealers offer me outstanding prices for the seed - which means someone is offering them a good price. But there is almost zero demand for the seedlings of that species here in the USA.

You should find a corner and have a good cry, snowflake.

Buck up, it's time to take care of the 800lb gorilla in the room. China.

what is this kindergarten

Grow up, until then no one is going to take you seriously.

Seems the ultra conservatives only way to argue anymore is name calling and belittling, much like a ****** parent to snot nosed brat, that then usually grows up to be a shittier parent to criminal... but maybe thats just my perspective coming from a family of scum and criminals, who notably most are dead or in prison

what is this kindergarten

Grow up, until then no one is going to take you seriously.

Seems the ultra conservatives only way to argue anymore is name calling and belittling, much like a ****** parent to snot nosed brat, that then usually grows up to be a shittier parent to criminal... but maybe thats just my perspective coming from a family of scum and criminals, who notably most are dead or in prison
"Ultra conservative"? Try "realist"

That's why you're in the corner with the dunce hat.

Back