king 632 (rusty oldie)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WadePatton

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
(just some ramblings wrt an old wood heater in a new space)

so after having a kerosene heater malfunction the other day and totally sooting out my unfinished, yet working, shop. right after many prayers of thanks for it not burning down altogether.

after all that, i kicked my install the woodstove project into high gear.

and that went over about like pushing a wet rope uphill into a sandstorm--nothing smooth about it. :censored:

but finally today--not long after breaking a drill bit (in my kitchen 1/10 mile away-the nearest electricity and the second trip) i get the damn thing plumbed in.

it's an old king 632 box stove made in alabama-left here by the previous owners of this house. i found it out in the barn.

one match, a few rags, pine/cedar kindling and presto! a snap crackling fire with good draft and no leaks and it don't look too bad.:clap::clap::clap:

heck i even thought about "stove polish".

so me and the dogs found a chair and a beer and sat under the coleman and warmed our toes for a bit this evening. i think i have parts of five days in installing that stove. some might say "another stove to feed" to which i reply, "another warm place to work".

tomorrow we start working on the soot removal...

and we is me and dos perros.

Last edited:
Back