Losing prime

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone ever had a problem with the Cummins 3.3 in a Vermeer BC 1000? Hard to start, have it in the shop for repairs and they think it's losing prime. Ran like a champ until it got a bit colder. Now it won't start after the glow plugs/grid are activated and it seems to be losing prime.

Any insight?

I suspect they're sayin you're suckin air somewhere along your fuel injection route.

Must be fixed to get better.

Nice little chippers.

Jomoco

Damn it!!

Got a call today and it's not the prime. It is what I told them it was but noooooo, they're smarter than me apparently. :rolleyes:

Like I suggested, it had to do with the glow plugs. Two of the four weren't getting hot enough so they need to be replaced. BUT NOT TILL WEDNESDAY!!!:mad:

Had they taken my lead, they'd be fixed and I'd be working already!!!!

Next time you can check glow plugs with a multimeter, don't remember the specifics, but its pretty much just an ohm check.

And glow plugs are easy... having said that there is a set of glow plugs in the glove box of the crummy that have needed changed for over a year now...

Back