Mice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He said it was on his tractor... so that could be a unit that is just a few grand to several 10 grand. None the less, using some crimp connectors and shrink wrap isn't going to take much more time.
I stand corrected, the first part of his post was referring to a mower, the picture in question was indeed a " tractor " . I'll try to be more diligent with my responses in the future.:cool:

Set two of these last night. Home made rolling log trap, no water.

I think I've already dented the population with the seed traps and poison. Only caught the one last night in the shed.
a3b9cfe11e32258f69ffbf0abf647ce8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Set two of these last night. Home made rolling log trap, no water.

I think I've already dented the population with the seed traps and poison. Only caught the one last night in the shed.
a3b9cfe11e32258f69ffbf0abf647ce8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Now you're cookin! I've seen these traps catch many mice in one night. Check it every night and feed the lazy cats! Happy thanksgiving!:cool:

Wife let’s the dog’s food sit out all the time and now we have mice into everything.

Been using the glue traps with peanut butter stationed where the dog can’t get to it.

When a mouse gets stuck I then move it out to behind the trash can in the garage where it collects one or two more.

We were in hunting camp the past couple days. I saw a mouse run across the floor so I put out two traps. My BIL comes in and I tell him to watch out for my mouse traps. He says don't worry he has big boots on. I wasn't worried about his toes. He wound up kicking both of them and I never bothered resetting them. Monday night I felt a little scratch on my thumb, half asleep I wiggled it. Scratch again, wiggle again. Harder pinch and I woke all the way up. The little bugger got in my bed and was nibbling on my thumb. I made sure there were well baited traps when I left Tuesday, Joe.

My dad was in an elk camp once and the place was overrun with mice. He said they'd run over you all night and a few guys woke up to mice chewing on their hair.

We were in hunting camp the past couple days. I saw a mouse run across the floor so I put out two traps. My BIL comes in and I tell him to watch out for my mouse traps. He says don't worry he has big boots on. I wasn't worried about his toes. He wound up kicking both of them and I never bothered resetting them. Monday night I felt a little scratch on my thumb, half asleep I wiggled it. Scratch again, wiggle again. Harder pinch and I woke all the way up. The little bugger got in my bed and was nibbling on my thumb. I made sure there were well baited traps when I left Tuesday, Joe.
Maybe he liked white meat, happy thanksgiving!:cool:

i currently have a mouse in my truck. set traps up and the little bastard comes out every couple days, ***** all over and goes back to wherever his nest is. he finally made a trap go off a few days ago and no activity since so i'm hoping he didn't go die under my carpet lol would be one heck of a climb for him to get in there, must have picked him up while i was in camp.

Had a mouse in my Yukon. Bugger was in the sawdust catcher bag of my table saw and jumped out when I was hauling the saw. Got him in a trap.

My wood hauling truck had a spot corrode through the cab back in the middle between the cab and the box. Buggers are getting in there too so I need to pop rivet in a patch.

Wife let’s the dog’s food sit out all the time and now we have mice into everything.

Been using the glue traps with peanut butter stationed where the dog can’t get to it.

When a mouse gets stuck I then move it out to behind the trash can in the garage where it collects one or two more.

My dog tried the glue trap peanut butter once. I hear him making a fuss in the other part of the shop so I go see.
He had that thing stuck to his tongue, the side of his face and both front feet.

Almost as bad as the spring traps. I was cleaning the apartment upstairs of the shop and set some traps.

Wasn't even 5 mins and I hear "snap" and he comes running to me with a trap on his tongue.

He learned well though, won't touch peanut butter anymore unless I give it to him.

My largest cat somehow got his back leg stuck in a glue trap I had behind a pile of wood in the wood box. He came out of there like a rocket and did about three laps around the house before he was able to kick it off. He was visually shaken up and scared the hell out of the other cats too lol.

We had one on the shelf under the counter last week and the counter girl's ~3 yr old daughter got into it. I had baited it with a piece of Tootie Roll and she tried to steal it. Before I even had a chance to say "don't touch" as I saw her going for it, she had both hands and the sippy cup stuck to it. :laugh:

Our original hunting shack was a trailer house with a stick built dining area off the side. The mice had about a zillion entry points but if you'd get aggressive with traps and Dcon when grouse season started there wouldn't be many/any left by the time deer season rolled around. The exception was every few years there seemed to be a bumper crop of mice and the bastiges would be everywhere even with your best efforts to eliminate them. They were so brave/hungry they would even be out in the daylight raiding your food as you were sitting in the camp taking.

I woke up one morning and saw a rather sorry looking mouse dragging its hind end across the floor. I grabbed it by the tail and threw it out the door. Told my dad and he said he had thrown a shoe at the SOB in the night but it scurried under a bunk.

Back