MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homelite410

Hack with a CNC Mill
Reaction score
Ok its official April 26 will be the date and will be held at the hoskey farm. We will have heads up can't races, door prizes, and much much more.

We are combining hedgefest and oakfest this year for one biggie this spring.

Plenty of room for camping and motels within 20 min of the cut site.

Please convo myself, Ronald, or hoskvarna with any questions.

Closest town with food and fuel is my town of Belle Plaine 15 min away. The bp station in Belle Plaine is one of our gtg sponsors of 2 years now. They are the local stihl dealer and too.

Closest bar is Chelsea 5 min away.

Closest motel restaurant shopping center is Tama- Toledo 20 min away.

For the wives...... Tanger outlet mall is in Williamsburg 45 min away.

Iowa City is right at an hour away.

Marshalltown is 45 min as well in the opposite direction.

Last edited:
If we have a lot of campers on friday and saturday nite ,may have to get some generators,I have one.

Sometimes living in Ohio and not further west sucks. This time is one of them. Sounds like a hoot.

Is this NW Missouri or am I having a brain fart. Also could someone explain to me what all goes on at one of these events. I know HAHA, Ive never been to one and see alot of talk about them just curious and would like to try one if its close to home.

Is this NW Missouri or am I having a brain fart. Also could someone explain to me what all goes on at one of these events. I know HAHA, Ive never been to one and see alot of talk about them just curious and would like to try one if its close to home.
Central Iowa north of I 80.

We eat, BS, swap saws n parts, eat more, race saws, eat, settle grudge matches, eat more, meet some saw builders and run their work, eat more yet.

Its all in all a good time and you will meet some of the coolest people in the world.

On the list of places to stay, Waterloo is roughly 40 minutes north for those coming from the cold. Dike is about 60 miles away for anyone that wants to see a bunch of old McCulloch saws coming or going.

I will do my best to have a healthy kart saw for this one, along with the usual stuff. I am not sure I will have the BP-399T hooked up to anything but perhaps I can rig a more sophisticated fuel tank to make sure the demo run does not end unexpectedly...

Mark

Latest posts

Back