Mixed Redline blend 40:1 now idles higher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WacoDustin

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just mixed 5ccs Redline Allsport in a 32oz can of premixed 50:1 fuel. This is close to 40:1. I ran it in my Echo 225 trimmer and the idle increased by 150rpm. The top end is still 8750rpm with that 4 stroke "burble". I varified it with a tach before and after. With the increase in idle speed, does that mean that the redline reduced friction?
Thanks,
Dustin

No probably not, it just leaned out the air:fuel ratio as you increased the viscosity of your mix. Richen the L speed a little to return tune to where it was. This is why its recommended to retune after changing oil ratio's. But I do like your 'reduced friction theory'...

Thank you sir, I was just curious. Should I do anything to the h screw? I'm sure my saws which are an Echo 352 and a 500p will need the same. I assume the high side should be fine since it "bubbles" and cleans up in tall grass, leave the high side alone? I'm new to 2 strokes, bear with me. A snappy throttle, 2 stroke that burbles under wot cleaning up when under load means it's running good?

Most probably all it needs is a 1/8 turn CCW on the L-speed. But you have a tach so your in good hands. You just want factory idle rpm setting with no hesitation when opening throttle.

Latest posts

Back