Modding a 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's my new 372XP. This is the one someone reported as a good buy on eBay. It was made the last week of May 2007, but had never been fueled. I ran it a little this afternoon. Very strong and smooth.

Cleaned up a little after its first use.
468829273_3jQm3-M.jpg
468829246_pdb47-M.jpg

I modded the muffler just like my 346. I cut the top of the deflector off to give me access to the factory port. I opened it all the way to its edges in all directions. I'd guess it has 2-3x the area. I then welded a new top on it that covers the now larger hole.

468829234_EwHXy-M.jpg

I'll be getting a baseline timed cut and then be porting it.

That's it Brad your done for now, after you run a ported 372xp, you will sell all your Stihl's and convert fully to orange saws, now you have the 2 best Huskies, now you need a 395 to mod and your set.

That's it Brad your done for now, after you run a ported 372xp, you will sell all your Stihl's and convert fully to orange saws, now you have the 2 best Huskies, now you need a 395 to mod and your set.

That's pretty much the real deal. Once you get used to that anti-vibe it's hard to run anything else. I still love my 084, 460, and 660 though.

i spent about 45 minutes opening up the intake and exaust ports just a little.no base gasket along with 3 3/8 holes in a row at the top right portion of the muffler and

she likes the 8 pin sprocket...

2 best??? i dont see 242XP or 262XP on the list:cheers:

Latest posts

Back