• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Ms 460

Cobus

Cobus

ArboristSite Lurker
Hey guys! First post here as a new member I know probably everything I’m going to ask on, has been talked about a million times... I have had this saw for around 6 years and has done everything I have needed it to do but little things get to me.. the saw liked to almost lean out when not putting a load to it like making my cpl last cuts on a tree top or limbing.. It would wind and almost want to die and give it a cpl hits on the throttle and would be fine after or if I let it die it would be a pain to start again. And usually this happened when I had 1/4- 1/2 tank left of fuel. So I rebuilt carb, new intake boot, fuel line, impulse line, tank vent and decomp switch (that I don’t use). Found a crack in my fuel tank and currently in shipping, has a dual port muffler cover. Tore the jug off last night piston looks great and cylinder. Top of piston has some carbon build up, can I clean that off without damaging the piston? I’m going to replace my crank seals. When I Get the seals out can I wash my crank case out with some 50:1 mix to clean it up in there without splittin the case? And on the seals Is the dirko sealant a necessity for the seals? And I have new rings. Do the rings line up a certain way? Or just put them on. Also throwing a new clutch on because if the saw wanted to idle the chain had to jolt a little, if I got it to where the chain would stop completely the saw would die. Also max rpm was only hittin 12,500. All in all I want this saw to run better than it did before. Thank for your input in advance and this is my first time doing anything with a saw besides cuttin. My apologies being Long winded.

Yotaismygame

Yotaismygame

Juiced Saws #GetJuiced
Pull the jug and clean the crankcase out. Simple as that. If you plan to split the case do a full rebuild. I would suggest pressure testing the saw before you do anything. You don't need any sealant anywhere on the saw if using gaskets and supplied crankcase seals. Rings go on a certain way. you'll fully understand it by just looking at the piston. You'll just need to clutch springs, not a whole clutch.

Cobus

Cobus

ArboristSite Lurker
Pull the jug and clean the crankcase out. Simple as that. If you plan to split the case do a full rebuild. I would suggest pressure testing the saw before you do anything. You don't need any sealant anywhere on the saw if using gaskets and supplied crankcase seals. Rings go on a certain way. you'll fully understand it by just looking at the piston. You'll just need to clutch springs, not a whole clutch.
Thank you! I actually found a hair line crack in my piston. Also the grooves for the rings are warped on the exhaust side.. who knows how the saw was treated when I received it.. I have a meteor piston on the way hoping it will be fine in my OEM jug. The just is in great condition, just need to clean a little bit of carbon off the top. Muriatic acid?

Yotaismygame

Yotaismygame

Juiced Saws #GetJuiced
Definitely don’t use muriatic Acid on aluminum like a piston. Just take a razor blade and scrape it off. Or some kind of scotch bright attachment for a drill. Meteor in OEM jug will be good

Cobus

Cobus

ArboristSite Lurker
Definitely don’t use muriatic Acid on aluminum like a piston. Just take a razor blade and scrape it off. Or some kind of scotch bright attachment for a drill. Meteor in OEM jug will be good
Sounds good. Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated. Hoping to get it running good and strong with no issues. I have a 046 as well and runs like a top. just need the 460 to run good. Dunno why I need 2 running but I do.