mufflers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i was wondering if i could order a walkerized-type muffler for my saw (045 avs) or do es it have to be shipped to the fabricators.also what is the price range on those?do they vary with different sizes?have any of you made your own-could you give me some specs.:)

tinman,
call 1-250-753-8309. holly will most likely answer, i normally talk to john for the high tech. stuff. protect yourselves; marty

yeah - agreed. huskyman had his 55 muffler done and i dont think he sent the whole saw - dont know what it cost or how much it helped - ask him as he will know.

I did not have to send the whole saw, just the mufflers and a sheet explaining what saw the mufflers were for. The displacement of the saw will dictate how big the ports are that they put on. I wont quote their price but it was VERY reasonable. The big thing is figure a 2-3week turnaround time because customs slows everything down

what does it do for the saw with a muffler like that and where do you have it done Cann you do it to any saw?? How about a 066 or 036 Stihl

The muffler work will add about 1/2-1hp depending on the saw. It may also make the saw illegal as far as the local forestry dept is concerned so be sure to look into that. My Husky 55 only got a little louder but the Jonsy 670 got a LOT louder, so that may or may not appeal to you.

huskyman,
looks like your 55 is living well. i just ordered a new muffler from walkers for a 371xp. the price was very good. 1/2 bhp increase and about 20 degrees cooler. both are important. if i time a greater differance i will most likely put one on 25 to 30 more saws. it has been about a week so i should have it any day now. real good people to deal with. good luck and protect yourselves; marty

thanks guys 4 the info, i think i'll give walkers a call or e-mail:)

What is it with the pink chainsaws & cameras tonite? Im outta here you sissys!....Rick

Keep the pink loggs flying...

Back