Need assistance tracking down a builder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You aren't either.

Randy is not inclined to say much about the situation. I've asked him about it. It should be fairly evident that the wheels have fallen off for the guy one way or another..., well beyond his ability to effectively manage his personal situation. Doesn't excuse anything, but could certainly explain some things.

Sometimes you pay dearly for a coveted seat at the cool kid's table. Next thing ya know your chair is gone and they're stealin' your lunch money and callin' ya names. Used to happen all the time around here. Probably still does in some circles. Just not mine anymore.

The price of vanity and validation in any elitist/clique environment can occasionally be quite high with tough lessons learned about one's self if one is smart enough to look the experience square in the face for what it is and not rationalize it away as something it's not..., good or bad. That includes the 'in crowd' as well as the wanna be's and cast-offs.

Also why I don't like the charities when they pop up. Always for a good cause it seems. I've contributed to some. Thing is, 95% of the contributors wouldn't see squat if they fell on hard times and a non-recognizable member started a charity for any of em. The double standard is glaring.

Unless you're somebody in these types of venues, you're not. Takes time and some degree of long-term integrity to earn credibility. Some folks think you can buy it. Sometimes you can..., with a hot name builder's sticker on a saw for a few posts in a thread. Then you're just another face in the crowd again..., with a shiny new saw..., or maybe not.

I'm not casting any particular aspersions any particular person's way, here. Just tossing my general impression of forum dynamics out there for whatever it may be worth to whomever. Been in one forum or another since the screen was black and the cursor was green..., and many of you were in grade school, if even born.

Pretty much seen it all..., except a guy like Landrum turning it around and making good on every bad deal and person he ever screwed.

There is a first time for everything. One can only hope this gets turned around one day even though the odds are not very favorable.

Terry used to be a good guy.

But a builder with a big mouth is just another a-hole to me. My business would go elsewhere for that reason alone. Choose your builder very carefully.
Thanks , good post.

You aren't either.

Randy is not inclined to say much about the situation. I've asked him about it. It should be fairly evident that the wheels have fallen off for the guy one way or another..., well beyond his ability to effectively manage his personal situation. Doesn't excuse anything, but could certainly explain some things.

Sometimes you pay dearly for a coveted seat at the cool kid's table. Next thing ya know your chair is gone and they're stealin' your lunch money and callin' ya names. Used to happen all the time around here. Probably still does in some circles. Just not mine anymore.

The price of vanity and validation in any elitist/clique environment can occasionally be quite high with tough lessons learned about one's self if one is smart enough to look the experience square in the face for what it is and not rationalize it away as something it's not..., good or bad. That includes the 'in crowd' as well as the wanna be's and cast-offs.

Also why I don't like the charities when they pop up. Always for a good cause it seems. I've contributed to some. Thing is, 95% of the contributors wouldn't see squat if they fell on hard times and a non-recognizable member started a charity for any of em. The double standard is glaring.

Unless you're somebody in these types of venues, you're not. Takes time and some degree of long-term integrity to earn credibility. Some folks think you can buy it. Sometimes you can..., with a hot name builder's sticker on a saw for a few posts in a thread. Then you're just another face in the crowd again..., with a shiny new saw..., or maybe not.

I'm not casting any particular aspersions any particular person's way, here. Just tossing my general impression of forum dynamics out there for whatever it may be worth to whomever. Been in one forum or another since the screen was black and the cursor was green..., and many of you were in grade school, if even born.

Pretty much seen it all..., except a guy like Landrum turning it around and making good on every bad deal and person he ever screwed.

There is a first time for everything. One can only hope this gets turned around one day even though the odds are not very favorable.

But a builder with a big mouth is just another a-hole to me. My business would go elsewhere for that reason alone. Choose your builder very carefully.
Best post in a long, long time that aptly describes the drama of forums.

You aren't either.

Well said. Its funny how current builders on the 'good' list react when stuff like this happens, they hate it, it deters confidence as customers become gun shy. It taints their industry. I've chose wisely or luckily who to send saws too & have only had good experience. I never want to deter people from being charitable but you describe well the irony of who is eligible for such deeds.

Back