• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold New Mastermind 372 OE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The purple starter handle looks ghey. Maybe you need some pink streamers from a little girl’s bicycle?
I don’t mind the orange GB bar, but the orange tennis racket grip tape on the top handle looks like this saw is trying to coordinate fashion over function.

The purple starter handle looks ghey. Maybe you need some pink streamers from a little girl’s bicycle?
I don’t mind the orange GB bar, but the orange tennis racket grip tape on the top handle looks like this saw is trying to coordinate fashion over function.
If you’d like to add pink streamers you can. We now live in a society where you can come out and be welcomed. As far as fashion over function , id agree with you there.

Beautiful saw. I have heard MMWS are awesome. I tired to get my 254 done by him, but I understand the new saws only (or lightly used for repeats) policy. I'm sure the headaches from uncovering issues in used saws gets old. Thankfully, Kevin hooked me up good.

One day I'd love to try a MMWS saw. Today is not that day, even with uncle joe's "free" dollars I have.

Blessings and good luck with the sale!

Beautiful saw. I have heard MMWS are awesome. I tired to get my 254 done by him, but I understand the new saws only (or lightly used for repeats) policy. I'm sure the headaches from uncovering issues in used saws gets old. Thankfully, Kevin hooked me up good.

One day I'd love to try a MMWS saw. Today is not that day, even with uncle joe's "free" dollars I have.

Blessings and good luck with the sale!

I send a lot of folks to Kevin. And to Stump Shot Steve. They both do great work, and stand behind it.

Randy, mastermind, is one of the most highly regarded guys when it comes to porting a saw. They run strong and long, and he takes care of his customers very well. His saws are some of the best imo, and I think many would agree.
100% Randy does great work and equally Important he's a stand up guy. One of the Best work saws available I know of a few of his earlier builds that are stihl rippin chips.

I’ve only got one saw ported by Randy. He’s been a regular member of these forums for years and he’s got some experience with many different models and recipes for tweeting particular saws to make them run stronger. He’s also got a solid track record of standing behind his work. Which means, his work’s warranty is actually worth something.

Because of this, he’s in demand and some people wait months to send him their saw, because he does a bunch of the same model saw at the same time. And because he stands behind his work, he doesn’t like working on old, clapped-out saws, where there’s worn-out parts to order from dealers just to get the saw up to snuff before he even starts trying to make them run stronger. So he now only works on new saws, unless you’ve got a history/track record with him. Also, there’s less fear that an old leaking rubber boot causes an air leak that burns up a piston and scores a cylinder he spent 2 hours grinding on, and the customer complains asking for that special warranty service when it really had nothing to do with the grinding that burned up the saw.

The only other down side I feel to Randy’s M.O. is that he doesn’t like to make saws on the bleeding edge of squeezing the most amount of power out. Sure the saws have a cut base and squish band, higher compression, advanced timing, free flowing exhaust muffler, etc. The saws will no doubt be quicker, and are fun at a GTG, but if you’re building an all out race saw there’s no reason to believe that his build recipe is the end-all-be-all best. Or that if your friend has a ported saw of the same model built by someone else that Randy’s build is the faster saw. The reason he might leave a little behind on the table is because it builds in a small safety margin for the operator to not screw up their saw. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what you’re looking for.

Most all people are happy with his work.

I’ve only got one saw ported by Randy. He’s been a regular member of these forums for years and he’s got some experience with many different models and recipes for tweeting particular saws to make them run stronger. He’s also got a solid track record of standing behind his work. Which means, his work’s warranty is actually worth something.

Because of this, he’s in demand and some people wait months to send him their saw, because he does a bunch of the same model saw at the same time. And because he stands behind his work, he doesn’t like working on old, clapped-out saws, where there’s worn-out parts to order from dealers just to get the saw up to snuff before he even starts trying to make them run stronger. So he now only works on new saws, unless you’ve got a history/track record with him. Also, there’s less fear that an old leaking rubber boot causes an air leak that burns up a piston and scores a cylinder he spent 2 hours grinding on, and the customer complains asking for that special warranty service when it really had nothing to do with the grinding that burned up the saw.

The only other down side I feel to Randy’s M.O. is that he doesn’t like to make saws on the bleeding edge of squeezing the most amount of power out. Sure the saws have a cut base and squish band, higher compression, advanced timing, free flowing exhaust muffler, etc. The saws will no doubt be quicker, and are fun at a GTG, but if you’re building an all out race saw there’s no reason to believe that his build recipe is the end-all-be-all best. Or that if your friend has a ported saw of the same model built by someone else that Randy’s build is the faster saw. The reason he might leave a little behind on the table is because it builds in a small safety margin for the operator to not screw up their saw. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what you’re looking for.

Most all people are happy with his work.

Well said. And spot on.

I have two of these to sell. Ported.....wrap kits, HD filter system. BUT.....they ain't this cheap. Y'all can take the bling off you know. LOL
So why is this one so cheap, compared? He bought it from you just to sell it. Why is that if he's not making a profit?

Back