Oregon is looking for field test participants

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OREGON®

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Oregon will be conducting a large field test for users of less than 3HP chain saws. Please take this short survey to see if you qualify for this test that will start July 2018. This brief survey should take 3-4 minutes of your time.

All those selected for the test will receive free product to trial as well as $50 in Amazon or Oregon merchandise gift cards or $100 redeemable for Oregon products at www.oregonproducts.com after successfully completing the trial.

Take the survey here to see if you qualify: http://surveys.blount.com/survey/selfserve/203a/180504

Don't qualify this time? Register for free at www.outdoor-power-opinions.com to be considered for future field tests, surveys and interviews. Each time you contribute or refer others you can earn points that can be redeemed for gear or merchandise.

Have a question? Email us here: [email protected]

Oregon will be conducting a large field test for users of less than 3HP chain saws. Please take this short survey to see if you qualify for this test that will start July 2018. This brief survey should take 3-4 minutes of your time.

All those selected for the test will receive free product to trial as well as $50 in Amazon or Oregon merchandise gift cards or $100 redeemable for Oregon products at www.oregonproducts.com after successfully completing the trial.

Take the survey here to see if you qualify: http://surveys.blount.com/survey/selfserve/203a/180504

Don't qualify this time? Register for free at www.outdoor-power-opinions.com to be considered for future field tests, surveys and interviews. Each time you contribute or refer others you can earn points that can be redeemed for gear or merchandise.

Have a question? Email us here: [email protected]

Didn’t you guys do this about a year ago with some less than stellar results?

I did not qualify either with my occasional use of my craftsman that I sharpen by hand. I never liked the power sharp I tried it a couple times. It dulls quickly and teeth break off.
Good to know. I was thinking of trying one on my little craftsman truck saw.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Good to know. I was thinking of trying one on my little craftsman truck saw.

I put the 14" bar on a 42cc poulan pro and it broke a few teeth. It was real sharp for a while but after sharpenings it wouldn't stay sharp for nearly as long. This was before I sharpened my own chains and would buy a new one when they were dull. For occasional use it would be ok but cut a few cords of wood and you will be unhappy.

I put the 14" bar on a 42cc poulan pro and it broke a few teeth. It was real sharp for a while but after sharpenings it wouldn't stay sharp for nearly as long. This was before I sharpened my own chains and would buy a new one when they were dull. For occasional use it would be ok but cut a few cords of wood and you will be unhappy.
My little saw only gets used a few times and usually just for marking the length for fire wood cuts for my boy to buck up.
Or if i happened to come accross a downed tree on road to cut up and get through.

My little saw only gets used a few times and usually just for marking the length for fire wood cuts for my boy to buck up.
Or if i happened to come accross a downed tree on road to cut up and get through.

For occasional use it would probably be ok. You could get a few years of sharp out of it but for fire wood cutting you are better off filing a normal chain. Throw it in the truck and use it whenever then when it's dull it takes 10 seconds to make it "sharp" again.

Darn i dont qualify...

Sorry to hear that. We will be running another test in the fall. I will probably post on here again, but the other way to be considered is to join our community of OPE field testers / opinion givers at www.outdoor-power-opinions.com We always go there first to look for potential testers. Thanks!

I did not qualify either with my occasional use of my craftsman that I sharpen by hand. I never liked the power sharp I tried it a couple times. It dulls quickly and teeth break off.
Sorry you did not qualify! If you want to be considered for future tests on different products you can join our tester / research community here: www.outdoor-power-opinions.com

Back