Pole Pruner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamil

Reaction score
Can you help me find a trigger action, light weight pole pruner? I find the pull chain/cord type unwieldy. Thank you

I have never seen a mechanical pole pruner with a finger trigger. I have seen gas powered pruners built by Echo (I think) that have a pruner head activated by a trigger. I have never seen them used, so I would guess they are not worth the expense. The standard pole saws with a 10" blade are quite light and can cut small as well as larger (up to 6" or so) limbs very easily. Be sure to pick up an extra blade when you pick one out, dull blades on a pole saw are about as useful as flat tires on your truck. I purchased a pole saw head with replacable blade for about $20 from a large mower/saw shop. Then I got a 12' dowel rod from Home Depot, shaved the end to fit, and made a commercial-grade pole saw for $30. Replacement blades run about $9.

No, Deere, manual. My neighbor has one and it works great but is probably 10 yrs. old and she doesn't have info on a buying source. There is no saw involved, just pruning shears on the end. Thank you .

Check out A.M.Leonard.com - They have several models from four to ten foot reach. Find them in the pruning section.

Thanks Dave

I am not able to access A.M.Leonard.com on my browser, but will have a friend check it out.

Dave, Treeman14, all who responded: Thank you so much! I found exactly what I was looking for at A.M. Leaonard (amleo.com) You are terrific!

There's all kinds of tree goodies out there, just a matter of trying to remember who carries what!

Latest posts

Back