Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang,I didn't know you were going to post it there like that. When I sent you my number that was going to be the first thing I was going to warn you not to do, that is to list it asking for offers.

Crap....another noob mistake....sorry.....
Anyway, if you read my ad posting reply pg3, I hope I took care of the matter. As I said, it's no one's business, but the buyer what the deal ended up being. No matter what the deal...I'm sure there are many "experts" who will say you should have done otherwise....of course, not that they would do anything at all but window shop.

Will do as said today...is now a good time?

Are there any differences between the saws that say professional vs countervibe? I still haven't found how many cc a 4000 is vs 3800. There is a lot to go thru here on this site. thanks

Here are a couple 4000's Same exact saws, just different color schemes, decals, from different years. Well, the one has a modded muffler on it. ;)
4000Pics018.jpg

4000Pics009.jpg

Gregg,

Here are a couple 4000's Same exact saws, just different color schemes, decals, from different years. Well, the one has a modded muffler on it. ;)
4000Pics018.jpg

4000Pics009.jpg

Gregg,
Nice looking saws....no wonder you said what you did....your wife would have them hanging from the Christmas tree....or roasting in the fire...
You have plenty of great saws.

Thanks Greg, As much as I would like the 4000, it not being local just makes the risk not worth the reward. His price is good, even with shipping. He said the saw ran good. I asked if the starter rope is missing & haven't heard back? From the picture the recoil looks gray? Any rate I am thankful for the help guys. If it were a 5200 & up I would done bought it.

I'm just a cheap handloader with cheap guns. Just like my saws, I dont like them all pretty and **** ;). Rem 7 .223 I picked up off original owner at work for $150. :laugh:
I too hand loaded 55gr soft points in 223. Took yotes to 450yds, bullet entered but didnt come out on the 450 shot.

Wow...that's a great price on a Rem7. The only thing that matters is if they are a shooter, and if there's any throat left. It takes a lot of rounds to blow out the throat...and you just keep bumping up the AOL to accomodate.

Thanks Greg, As much as I would like the 4000, it not being local just makes the risk not worth the reward. His price is good, even with shipping. He said the saw ran good. I asked if the starter rope is missing & haven't heard back? From the picture the recoil looks gray? Any rate I am thankful for the help guys. If it were a 5200 & up I would done bought it.

Not seeing the saw, I couldn't tell you about the recoil. The 4000 recoils were all green as far as I know. EXCEPT if you bought a replacement from a dealer through Poulan, they were gray, as most replacement parts were. Kinda like a gray primer. Somebody could have swapped out parts too, ya just never know.

Gregg,

Wow...that's a great price on a Rem7. The only thing that matters is if they are a shooter, and if there's any throat left. It takes a lot of rounds to blow out the throat...and you just keep bumping up the AOL to accomodate.

Had less then 30rds through it when I got it with original box of 50rd ammo too. Guy was a older friend from work R.I.P. and got out of groundhog shooting. Thinking 93-95 time frame when I got it.

Had less then 30rds through it when I got it with original box of 50rd ammo too. Guy was a older friend from work R.I.P. and got out of groundhog shooting. Thinking 93-95 time frame when I got it.

Considering how I am getting hammered on the listing....
I will offer you $175 plus shipping, so you can have some Christmas money....;)
I know you didn't offer to sell it...but I'm just trying to help you out....

Considering how I am getting hammered on the listing....
I will offer you $175 plus shipping, so you can have some Christmas money....;)

Dont need Christmas money as I'm done shopping. Personally I dont want anything from you as I seen how you work things. ;)

Thanks for the offer though.

Crap....another noob mistake....sorry.....
Anyway, if you read my ad posting reply pg3, I hope I took care of the matter. As I said, it's no one's business, but the buyer what the deal ended up being. No matter what the deal...I'm sure there are many "experts" who will say you should have done otherwise....of course, not that they would do anything at all but window shop.

Will do as said today...is now a good time?

Yes any time.

Dont need Christmas money as I'm done shopping. Personally I dont want anything from you as I seen how you work things. ;)

Thanks for the offer though.
Dude it was a joke....
and if I wanted your opinion, I would have asked for it.
When you have one to sell, you can do what you think is fair...
Until then...

You know what I do when I have a collectable saw. I contact the collectors here and say here is what I have and post my price.

Then we haggle on the PHONE and find middle road and do the deal.

Sold all my dolmar 166's, partner 5000's, poulan 3750's BB, poulan 3450 BB, poulan 4000, poulan 325's and many many others this way. Some I sold for what I paid for them just to make sure they got into a collectors hands.

Gregg, I posted pictures of both earlier in the thread. Its probably a dealer replacement then. thanks again

Ahhh. I went and found it, don't know how I missed that. :rolleyes: The 4000 sure enough looks like a 4000. Looks as though I see some green showing on the rest of the saw, but has a gray recoil cover. Can't tell if they tried to swap the decal at one time or what. Replacement parts didn't come with decals that I'm aware of.

poulan4000-jpg.321428

Ahhh. I went and found it, don't know how I missed that. :rolleyes: The 4000 sure enough looks like a 4000. Looks as though I see some green showing on the rest of the saw, but has a gray recoil cover. Can't tell if they tried to swap the decal at one time or what. Replacement parts didn't come with decals that I'm aware of.

poulan4000-jpg.321428
That's right no decals on replacement parts then, but the decals could be ordered through parts at that time.

Tractorsaw1,
Trying to identify some of these saws from lousy pics or even good ones, can be a tricky business, unless you have them in hand. Even then, your never quite sure..LOL Thanks to goofballs like me. This saw is one I put together from spare parts, for my sisters BF last fall, as a gift. Only saws he had was a couple Wildthings.

I found a great crankcase from a 3.4 Craftsman on ebay, dirt cheap. I had most of the other parts. It has the top cover, front handle, recoil, from a 3400. The rear handle was from an early small screw 3400, that I drilled out to use the bigger screws. The air cleaner, clutch cover, and piston/cylinder are from a 4000. :Do_O With that all being said...it is a great running saw. But, would be a nightmare trying to sell that one...LOL

4000-5200008.jpg

4000-5200004.jpg

4000-5200009.jpg

Gregg,

Especially when you really don't know much about these things! Thanks again, bet it made a good firewood saw for him! That's really all I plan on with it. It won't be a shelf queen. I cut around 10-12truck loads a year to heat my house. These things look like some neat old iron to use.

Tractorsaw1,
Trying to identify some of these saws from lousy pics or even good ones, can be a tricky business, unless you have them in hand. Even then, your never quite sure..LOL Thanks to goofballs like me. This saw is one I put together from spare parts, for my sisters BF last fall, as a gift.

4000-5200008.jpg

4000-5200004.jpg

4000-5200009.jpg

Gregg,[/quote

You have some sweet saws Gregg. And o agree about identifying these saws. 3400, 3700, 4000 all similar, none the same. 3400 uses light duty starte, chrome piston, solid a/f cover and no professional use only decal.
3700 chrome bore thin ring, heavy duty starter (tho mine uses 2 steel pins), louvered a/f cover and prof use only decal.
4000 heavy duty starter, better intake, single port muffler and the decal.
And all these parts csn go on all these saws so a decal can lie!

Back