Recognize this screw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was milling today with my MS661 C-M and found this screw on the beam after I'd just finished a cut. I don't recognize it as anything I've seen in other Stihl saws (026 036 046 066) but I've not taken a 661 C-M completely apart. It is approximately 3mm in diameter, 17mm long (an odd length, could be anything from 15mm to 18mm depending on what part is measured) and calls for a Torx T10 driver. I've checked the IPL and didn't find a match, but I could have missed it.

screw 1 - 1.jpg screw 2 - 1.jpg

Doesn’t look Stihl-y to me. I don’t know that I’ve seen any pan heads on any of mine.

From the mill, maybe?
Doesn't look "Stihl-y" to me, either. I'm virtually certain there is nothing like that on a Granberg Alaskan Mill but it occurs to me that it might be from one of the tape measures we were using. I'll check that tomorrow. We're hoping to finish milling support beams for the bridge that burned during the recent fire. No bridge means no vehicle access to half the property.

Doesn't look "Stihl-y" to me, either. I'm virtually certain there is nothing like that on a Granberg Alaskan Mill but it occurs to me that it might be from one of the tape measures we were using. I'll check that tomorrow. We're hoping to finish milling support beams for the bridge that burned during the recent fire. No bridge means no vehicle access to half the property.

It does look like the screw on a tape for the belt clip.

It's not off a saw. It looks like the screw that holds those flip out Allen wrenches together.

Mystery solved. Screw came from the stubby ratchet wrench we use to tighten/loosen nuts on the mill. I put a dab of LocTite on the threads so with luck the screw will stay put.
View attachment 615144

Thanks for all the suggestions, especially the one introducing alien intervention as a possibility.

Well okay then..............:clap:

Latest posts

Back