Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
needin ipl or advise. sl9 oiling, or lack thereof... was auto oilin when 1st got, now neither works all of a sudden. thinkin line broke in tank? dunno if there's checks in there somewhere. tia.

Remington duckbill went to tar. Take it apart and study how to use a Poulan duckbill to fix it.

Well I bought the Pro 88. As you all know its a sickness ! It is in great shape. Judging from the paint on the fasteners and lack of any tool marks I dont think its been apart. Even the carb looks untouched. Came with a original roller nose Remington bar #10-A 2820 DJ and chain. It has 24" after the spike . Has spark and compression. Looks like winter will have a couple projects!

IMG_1489.PNG
IMG_1487.JPG

Pull the flywheel on that and coat the coil with Liquid Tape.
The plastic on them has gone to hell and you won’t have spark for long.
9a49dc3fc17d56e176b3039b0954ff14.jpg

They will fall apart running.
e865fc7f8eb157be731d6897b0d66878.jpg

06c4ad220869422ba7de4321943ab780.jpg

That is cool . Prophetstown or Ptown as we call it is about 10 miles from me . Cant believe I have never seen one in all these years of junk collecting. Now I want one ...LOL

It snowed here today so I guess its winter. Had plenty of shop time so I got a couple customers taken care of . I also had time to break down the Pro 88 . It must have not been used much before it was discarded for something newer. The P/C look great so did the carb . I am glad I took it all the way down because 1 crank bearing was rusted and a crankcase oring had turned to goo. Looks like parts are available.IMG_1505.JPG
Tom

Latest posts

Back