Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It snowed here today so I guess its winter. Had plenty of shop time so I got a couple customers taken care of . I also had time to break down the Pro 88 . It must have not been used much before it was discarded for something newer. The P/C look great so did the carb . I am glad I took it all the way down because 1 crank bearing was rusted and a crankcase oring had turned to goo. Looks like parts are available.View attachment 612205
Tom
Are you planning on painting it as long as you have it disassembled?

Old turds are just toys to play with so just paint them.
6fa9aa137426709b49d8db926d45e06d.jpg

Driver ,
That looks good . John deere stuff is plentiful here . Im only 20 miles from the original John Deere shop in Grand Detour Illinois . Interesting tour on a sunday .
Tom

After a little trouble with a bad crimp at the points/coil wire ( spark / no spark ) I'm ready to make some 105 cc music with the Pro 88 tomorrow . A couple drops of solder and it's all good . Here is a little info .
Seals/bearings
Points side SKF/CR 7438 6203 C3 / NSK 6203UC3E
Clutch side SKF/CR 9903 I didn't need a bearing but it's a brass caged needle bearing measured 1.250 O.D. X .750 I.D. X .650 thick .There is lots of room for thicker/thinner bearing .
Carb kit Amazon Tillotson RK88HL.
Champion J8 plug.
I am converting this saw to .404 I'll post info after the parts come.

TomIMG_1561.JPG

Just a regular lathe . The important part is dont cut any original seal surface .The crank seals off the clutch drum and a crude lab seal .

Latest posts

Back