Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8caa29db642bcaa8468d23c1e910b6d0.jpg

My small SL series.

The SL-16 i would part with.[emoji848]

I need a few more details on the SL-9 rocketnorton.Do you know how much compression the saw has? Also,is it running now,or does it need work like a carb rebuild?I know that the oiler needs work,but is that an auto oiler with a manual backup,or auto only,or manual only.It's been over 30 yrs.since I had my SL-9.I know mine had a manual oiler.A couple of pics would be nice too.
Ed

it starts & runs good. is auto & man. neither work. auto did at first.
carl thought prolly duckbill. haven't got anymore yet to see.
i did post pics up the page, right after ml12's, then clutch cover, few posts after. only pics i got.

IMG_1583.JPG IMG_1584.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1585.JPG
    IMG_1585.JPG
    510.4 KB · Views: 8
I was told that it was probably duckbills on a Mighty Mite that I got last month too.Come to find out there are no duckbills in the Mighty Mite.It had the screwiest oiling system that I ever saw.It was attached to the throttle,so when you engaged the throttle the oiler then started working.The linkage rod is still sticking on it too.I'll have a look at it more in the winter when I have more time,not exactly a priority saw right now.Lol
Yeah,if you don't mind waiting till the 1st when I get my disability payments,then we can settle up on the SL-9,OK?

Anyone know where the check valve(s) are on an SL-9 automatic? I can't find them on the IPL I have.

Thanks
I don't see it either. Looked at several Remington ipls and service manuals - the SP 300 service manual for the MM Century series , Sportsman II, OutdoorsmanII, Yardmaster, Jobmaster says

There is no check venting into the tank. A small pinhole under the cap threads provides necessary venting.

Thanks for taking the time Ray. I think the auto oiler works off crankcase pulse lie a Poulan Micro. I'm stumped.

I'm taking an SL-9A to a friend in NY tomorrow that he had shipped to me to save on shipping and it doesn't oil. I thought it would be good if I could point him in the right direction.

Anyone know where the check valve(s) are on an SL-9 automatic? I can't find them on the IPL I have.

In the oil tank. Have to take the starter and whole fuel/oil tank cover off to get in there, so you'll likely need a new gasket when reassembling.
Pretty easy (well documented, thanks all) fix once you've got it out.

In the oil tank. Have to take the starter and whole fuel/oil tank cover off to get in there, so you'll likely need a new gasket when reassembling.
Pretty easy (well documented, thanks all) fix once you've got it out.

And, you have to remove the flywheel.

57fcaf8f5e31caecb5486f716d5f8617.jpg

Above is an SL-11 IIRC. But same setup.

Back