Repost - Crazy Burls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That makes no sense. I have no use for a 660 for starters, but as if you'd give me a $1200 saw for a phone number that doesnt even exist so a guy that is a thousand miles away can somehow give you $20 a burl.
His name is chief long wolf, he doesn't even speak english. Usually comes by with 2 or 3 people from the village to sort of translate.
I haven't seen him since about September so no idea if he's even around right now.

wow that is one seriously nice burl! Id love to come across one like that! lol my problem is, if I did, I wouldn't know what to do with it...id be afraid that if I used it on something, id find a better project for it and wish I hadn't used it so it would sit in my garage forever and never get used! lol
IMG_20170827_145814.jpg This is the reason I carry 70 cc w/24" bar minimum. When the right wind hits the area I'd like to be on site to clear the roadway as a public service;). Since it is growing on easement the county wood prolly not mind my hauling away what I've cut up :dancing:IMG_20170827_145840.jpgAt least I've heard "It is easier to get forgiveness than permission." 11Just have to put a branck under root ball before cutting trunk to stand stump back up right?
I wood need to cut into pieces that wood fit into barrel for boil to take tension from that cross grain I've read
Stay safe out there

Back