• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stihl 026 and accys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodjunkie

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Stihl 026 with mild muffler mod. (Yes, the carb. was adjusted properly) that runs great. It has pretty much sat for the past couple of years with the exception of bonfire wood and to keep fresh gas in it. I no longer heat with wood, other wise i would keep it. It includes the following..

16" .325 Stihl bar, two chains, extra spocket, and two files 3/16.

16" 3/8 Forester bar, Carlton chain, two sprockets, and three files 13/64.

Oregon sharpener, two extra spark plugs, squench, and a flat file. I also have an extra clutch and misc. springs and misc. extra parts.

$300 shipped via paypal gifted, or add 3%, please. Feel free to pm with any questions. I was a senior member on here with multiple posts, but evidently that goes away after you haven't posted for a while. The point is, not a new member, and I have 100% positive feedback on ebay for reference as well as other forums (metal detecting...aka triplehooked) No scams, I just don't use the saw anymore. All it needs is gas and a touch up on the chain, otherwise it's ready for work!

Thank you

Travis

Last edited:
That was a nice example of a nice 026 Pro.

As for your User name. Did you happen to remember your password after making a new user name?

Nice saw, nice sale.... Congrats :rock:

That was a nice example of a nice 026 Pro.

As for your User name. Did you happen to remember your password after making a new user name?

Nice saw, nice sale.... Congrats :rock:

Yeah, I type really fast....lol. I see the issue, woodjunkie vs. Wood Junkie.......:msp_rolleyes: Ohh well...

As for the 026, great saw, and it treated me well. I just don't use it and can't see it just sittin' around. I'm sure mountainman will put it to good use!

Last edited:
Rest assured, it's going to a good home. I am thinking seriously about a woods tune. I'm getting a bit long in the tooth, and it's considerably lighter than my other go-to saw, an MS440.

You might find yourself happy with that saw as it is. I've owned a few, and I'd snap up another one if I found it in good condition in a heart beat. They're really very light, and with a sharp chain and properly tuned they're surprising saws! Mine have always worn 16" .325" and they're brilliant limbing saws, also good for light falling work. I'd take one over a 261 any day of the week.

Shaun

I like a 20" bar with 3/8 .050 on a saw that size. Keeps my chain all the same pitch, and has a little better reach. Up to about 12" diameter, I love an 026. I have cut larger hardwood than that, but that's generally where I start with the 440.

I like a 20" bar with 3/8 .050 on a saw that size. Keeps my chain all the same pitch, and has a little better reach. Up to about 12" diameter, I love an 026. I have cut larger hardwood than that, but that's generally where I start with the 440.

I liked the 026 with the .325 chain, but I have only ran 16" bars on it. We used to cut a lot of standing dead elm though, very hard wood. The thinner chain gave me a little more grunt to work with. MM, just so you know, I did tend to run it a little rich. I always figured cheaper to replace the plug than a piston... You could probably lean it out from where I have it set and get a little more out of it. :) The saw shipped today, let me know when you get it!

Thanks again,
Travis

I liked the 026 with the .325 chain, but I have only ran 16" bars on it. We used to cut a lot of standing dead elm though, very hard wood. The thinner chain gave me a little more grunt to work with. MM, just so you know, I did tend to run it a little rich. I always figured cheaper to replace the plug than a piston... You could probably lean it out from where I have it set and get a little more out of it. :) The saw shipped today, let me know when you get it!

Thanks again,
Travis

Will do. I responded to your email as well.

In these parts, I have found that a 20" bar with 3/8 works pretty dran well on an 026 or 028, for me anyway. Again, I don't cut much over 12" diameter with a saw that size. I cut mostly red and white oak for firewood, plus maple, gum, poplar and pine to remove as needed.

I tune saws the old way, by ear. Never had one blow. But I will double-check the setting, and I appreciate the suggestion.

IMO, an 026 will cut much better with .325" than 3/8". I have owned several, all were MM, and the only one that works well with 3/8" is one that is ported. That holds true, even in 6" oak.

IMO, an 026 will cut much better with .325" than 3/8". I have owned several, all were MM, and the only one that works well with 3/8" is one that is ported. That holds true, even in 6" oak.

I concur.

And I am only cutting softwoods.:msp_sad:

Saw runs out great, and is a whole lot better looking than the photos suggest. I had a hunch that was the case.

Bought a 20" .325 pitch Oregon bar and two matching Stihl chains today, off stinking ebay. Looking forward to putting it to work when it cools off.

Thanks again.

Hey that's great! I guess it's better to have poor photos and have you pleasantly suprised than the other way around.... :). It will be a great saw for your application!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back