Stihl MS290 Repair manual

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ms290

I just purchased a stihl ms290 for $30, however it is completely disassembled, so I know I need the service manual. If one of you guys would kindly email it to me I would be greatful. I know it needs a piston and jug, and a flywheel, anything else I should check before reassembling this beast? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Brian
[email protected]

I just purchased a stihl ms290 for $30, however it is completely disassembled, so I know I need the service manual. If one of you guys would kindly email it to me I would be greatful. I know it needs a piston and jug, and a flywheel, anything else I should check before reassembling this beast? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Brian
[email protected]

sent:cheers:

290 jug an piston

I think id put the 390 jug and pjston on it the 290 310 an 390 are all the same case why not make it more
Brian
[email protected]

Thanks Ray!! And I'll look into the bigger jug and piston! I've noticed the flywheel has a missing wing as well so that is added to the list!!

I bought a 290 and got it because of all the information that I have learned from this forum. A repair manual would sure be nice to have and come in handy someday. [email protected]

Rebuild tip

When putting a new jug on it do the crank seals there cheap but well worth replacing at that time and use adequate assembly lube on moving parts for a easy break in , if your flywheel is off the hard part is done put those seals in nothing like a vaccuum leak in a new rebuilt saw

A PDF version of the MS290 service/repair manual would be greatly appreciated here too.

[email protected]

I have the owner's manual already, so no need to send that.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the manual it came in handy for the small parts around the carb, I had taken it apart two weeks ago and just got the parts in today. It wasn't hard at all. I bought the spring compressor from bailies but that would not work. I lined the up and oiled them up good the jug slid right on. I put it all back together and the third pull it started right up runs great.#

Back