Stihl MS290 Repair manual

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ring compressor?

Yes, oil and jugs always works for me!!

Yes I ment ring compressor. That was a wasted 15.00, it says on baileys site will work with the 290. So to anyone else trying to rebuild for the first time either buy the compressor from Stihl or oil the hell out of em

Yes I ment ring compressor. That was a wasted 15.00, it says on baileys site will work with the 290. So to anyone else trying to rebuild for the first time either buy the compressor from Stihl or oil the hell out of em

I use my fingernails

I use my fingernails

I agree Wayne. I've never needed a ring compressor on a clamshell motor. Every one I've seen is tapered so the piston and ring(s) slide right in, unlike many pro saws with a seperate crankcase.

This is one of the most difficult service manuals I have ever tried to find on the internet for free. I have been searching a very long time and stumbled upon an anonymous uploaded file that is the flippin' service manual for this family of Stihl saws. Shoot me your email address and i would be happy to send the file to you.

Searching the internet for this file will only frustrate you til you're stupid!!!

Please send me a copy of repair manual for Stihl MS 290 , as I am "frustrated stupid"!!!! [email protected]

Last edited:
stihl ms290

[ do .[/QUOTE]
I am looking for a repair manual for a Stihl MS 290 chainsaw if any one could help it would be great. My email is
[email protected]
Thanks

I am also looking for a repair manual for the MS290. Trying to repair my brothers saw and cant figure out how engine comes out of the body. There has to be some screws I cant see through all the dirt.

My email is [email protected]

Thank you very much.

I've found the operator manual online (and MCW's link), but am looking for a repair manual.
Can anyone share the repair manual?

Latest posts

Back