Timber Splitting Gun

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bear 7556

Reaction score
I have come across this old tool, just wondering what year this would have been made and exactly how it works. The Badge reads - MALRIC COMPANY - Earlwood Sydney - Timber Splitting Gun - Type A1 Pat6727 . Any history about this would be good, thanks.IMG_2102.JPG IMG_2084.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2105.JPG
    IMG_2105.JPG
    407.6 KB · Views: 11
wot could possibly go wrong using that... lite fuse aim away from face....

"Once the splitting gun is set firmly into the log, take another large piece of wood or rock, and wedge it securely against the butt end of the gun. This will absorb the kick from the firing of the splitting gun. Finally, light the fuse and move well away from the wood. If all goes well, the length of potential firewood will be split into 2 or more strips that can either be further split or are light enough to be jockeyed into position for sawing."

Ask me anything you like about this please….my father manufactured them, designed by him as well…. and for a real treat, dad would take my sisters and I to the factory on weekends to help him…best time of my life….

Latest posts

Back