Timberwolf TW1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From my failing memory,

Last time I was at Kubota dealer that stocks and sells T'wolf splitters, month or so, they had one on the floor set up with 4-way and outfeed table. Pretty sure the base splitter was in the $2200 range, and the package including the 4-way and table was $2800.

I had one before my TW-2HD. Sold it for more than I paid for it. Top notch homeowner / light duty commercial application machine. It is built more as commercial splitter than homeowner use machine. The only feature I found to my dislike was the wedge and hitch were on the same side. This means in order to move the machine after use, the pile of splits has to be moved out of the way first.

Take Care

This means in order to move the machine after use, the pile of splits has to be moved out of the way first.
That does suck, because when your done splitting, your not done.
Years ago I modded my original hydraulic splitter with a large table and threw splits to the side, then added the conveyor later. Still buried the splitter but not as bad. The table extends past the wedge 16-20" to catch 1/2 the split round for re-splitting. This is not a tip up design, so lots of foot room to work uncrowded.
There is a notch in the table the beam rests on.
Edit: The table can be used on either side of the splitter.
Also the larger wheel/axle mod makes for a higher beam and very nice working height.IMG_0502.jpg 0623121642a.jpg1006101222.jpg1123091331b.jpg

Thought i paid around $3200 with all the bells and whistles. Great machine. I put 20”+ oak rounds through it with relative ease. Small and light enough to be moved by one person. I’m not easy on Her and She has never let me down. Pricey, yes, but will last a lifetime with less problems. Worth it and recommended.

That does suck, because when your done splitting, your not done.
Years ago I modded my original hydraulic splitter with a large table and threw splits to the side, then added the conveyor later. Still buried the splitter but not as bad. The table extends past the wedge 16-20" to catch 1/2 the split round for re-splitting. This is not a tip up design, so lots of foot room to work uncrowded.
There is a notch in the table the beam rests on.
Edit: The table can be used on either side of the splitter.
Also the larger wheel/axle mod makes for a higher beam and very nice working height.View attachment 663855 View attachment 663856View attachment 663859View attachment 663860

What kind of conveyor is that?

Back