wow just got a reply on craigs list for truck load of locus

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Wife found an ad in one of em', I don't recall if it was Offer Up, FBM or CL, for free wood, Marty had 5 BIG (30"+ DBH ) Norway Spruce dropped, and didn't burn wood, he let us park a splitter and the trailer right next to the rounds, even helped load the splits. We got about 6 cords out of that. He even was bringing us cold drinks(Non Alcoholic) and offered to let us use his bathroom. You don't get too many finds like that. He was even personable, and Interesting to visit with.

I realize that a lot of people wouldn't want to buck that size wood themselves, but I sure prefer coming in to Logs on the ground and bucking them myself, I enjoy running the saws, and the inconsistent round lengths, and off square cuts don't stack as well, but Beggars can't be Choosers, and all, we still Appreciated the Free Wood.

He said that he got a LOT of calls, that weren't interested, when they found out that HE wasn't going to Split and Deliver it as well, for FREE :rolleyes:

Doug :cheers:

Back