Old Blue Homelite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Goat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here is one for you die-hard Homelite type. This link may not last long. Many of the sellers on this classified site will delete the ad soon after it sells. I posted the pictures in case the link becomes dead. He is / was asking $200. Disclaimer:The saw is not mine and I do not know the seller.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=5230148&cat=&lpid=

Here is the text from the ad: "This chain saw has only 2 hours on it. I bought it brand new. It sat to long and needs a new fuel line though. Includes case "

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
That saw was one of the last ones they made. It is not all that old. When Homelite was headed to the grave they released the SXL in the blue color. They were trying to being back good memories. I passed on a new one a few years ago. I wish I would have got it.

Bill

That saw was one of the last ones they made. It is not all that old. When Homelite was headed to the grave they released the SXL in the blue color. They were trying to being back good memories. I passed on a new one a few years ago. I wish I would have got it.

Bill

I have a half of one of these. I got it at a local auction, It has a blue case, but someone has put a red clutch cover and recoil starter on it. It has a scored P/C and doesn't run. It has seen it's better days.

I remember when they put those back out, think they called them 'ol-blue' for the second running. That model was originally a lighter blue then went to red, then to a dark red super model, then back to a last run dark blue as shown. The last run series also had a blue labeled bar, not the red one shown. The original old model had the oiler fill on the bottom near the trigger handle. Good saws in the day, I have passed on a few of them also, There were so many made I am sure there a few still around in boxes somewhere.

I have a half of one of these. I got it at a local auction, It has a blue case, but someone has put a red clutch cover and recoil starter on it. It has a scored P/C and doesn't run. It has seen it's better days.

how about a picture of it it can be fixed i think now that i have about 20 of them laying in my used parts area

all blue too and the air filter covers are mostly magnesium instead of them plastic ones

now that i found my battery charger for my digital camera i can take a picture of a poulan saw that has a body of a xl 12 homelite saw and the saw is poulan green

Last edited:
My Husky dealer has a brand spankin new Ole Blue displayed (used to deal in Homelites). He keeps telling me it's not for sale.
He also has a rather beat 330 displayed. Keep telling him that he needs to put my like new 330 on display. Told him I'd be happy to trade him my 330 for one of them shiny new 357XP's. Needless to say my 330 still hangs in my barn.

No way, must have never noticed it in there, but I haven't been in there in awhile. They have all kinds of cool vintage tools in there. Do Ernie and Joyce still run that place?

There were so many made I am sure there a few still around in boxes somewhere.
I was just talking to an old farmer this morning and he's got one new in the box. He got it from his wife for a Birthday present years ago. He said he had run another one and thought they were too loud so he never even took his out of the box. What do you think would be a good price for it ?

I was just talking to an old farmer this morning and he's got one new in the box. He got it from his wife for a Birthday present years ago. He said he had run another one and thought they were too loud so he never even took his out of the box. What do you think would be a good price for it ?

Hard to say, ebay prices for a good used one I have seen $100 on up. Seen a few advertised at $300. I don't think they were that much new in 1970. They are good saws but beside the loudness, they will vibrate the he!! out of your hands, do not have a chain brake, and if you run them hot in the summer will boil fuel all over the place. Probably more of a novelty saw for a collector or sentimental purchase in my opinion. As for a daily user, there are better choices.

Latest posts

Back