Pressure/Vac test fixture

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mama Tried

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I cant seem to find the pictures I remember seeing here of the fixture with the gauges and valves to test vac and pressure?

Here's mine.
attachment.php

Components
A: tubeless tyre valve - just go to a tyre shop and ask - I was given a couple for no charge.

B: on/off valve. Any air tight tap will do.

C: Pressure gauge. Shown is a 100 PSI pressure gauge, but I now have a -10 to 20 PSI pressure/vacuum gauge.

D: Adapter plate to attach pressure line to cylinder inlet port.

E: Alternative Adapter to attach pressure line to spark plug hole - if this is used the inlet port must be blocked. This is not the best way because it does not allow you to pressure test while moving the crank.

F: 14 x 1 mm blocking bolt for a compression release valve

G: Blocking plate and rubber gasket for exhaust port. Hole in the middle is not required. Easiest way is to slip a bit of rubber between exhaust and port and retighten exhaust bolts

For vacuum as opposed to test, remove the tyre valve and just suck with mouth - you can easily reach the vacuum normally required for most testing ie 6 PSI and then close the tap. Taste of crankcase not very nice so I keep a beer handy to rinse my mouth!

I think the one I saw was built on a piece of wood on the back of a bench and made of pipes, valves, and gauges to test both pressure and vac.

For vacuum as opposed to test, remove the tyre valve and just suck with mouth - you can easily reach the vacuum normally required for most testing ie 6 PSI and then close the tap. Taste of crankcase not very nice so I keep a beer handy to rinse my mouth!

For vacuum just take the bike pump apart and flip the piston rubber. Oh and the shraeder valve will need to be removed. You can still keep the beer to hand with the added bonus of it not tasting of crankcase.

Back