Homelite Replacement Belts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Having received my OEM belt, and measured it, I am sure the following industry standard belts with work on the 5-30, 5-30N, 7-29 and 8-29.

McMaster-Carr part # 6484K401
Trapezoidal Tooth Neoprene Timing Belt 1/2" Pitch, Trade Sz 210H, 21" Outer Circle, 1" W
In stock at $17.22 Each
Inexpensive fiberglass reinforced belt.

McMaster-Carr part # 51514T813
Trapezoidal Tooth Silicone Timing Belt 1/2" Pitch, Trade Sz 210H, 21" Outer Circle, 1" W
In stock at $46.70 Each
Best quality Kevlar reinforced belt: bomb-proof.

These have the 42 teeth, with the correct pitch. Available from McMaster-Carr and I am sure anywhere else using the trade size.

And obviously, I couldn't have figured any of this out without Chris's help and his getting this belt for me.

Last edited:
I guess the belts I picked up were bomb-proof judging from the cost! The 26LCS belt has the same pitch and outer circle, just a bit narrower.

Anyway, I'm glad you got the belt.

Chris B.

I guess this could mean the McMaster Carr #6484K11 210H might work on the 26LCS? It is 3/4"wide, 1/2" pitch, 21" O.D. with 42 teeth. This is very close to Chris's measurements however, I don't know how precise it must be or how many teeth are on an original belt.

Last edited:
Chris, I do not mind spending money when it needs to be spent, and I bet this belt is plenty tough.

Narrowing a belt should be entirely doable. I do know of guys who have narrowed snowmachine tracks using a hotknife and a SawZall. If I was going to do it, I would want something to hold the belt taught, then a cutter that was extremely sharp also held in a fixture. Do you have a pair of pulleys you could make this up from? Anything to hold the belt and cutter so the edge wasn't all jagged and nasty.

How about a pair of pulleys off a car/truck from a junkyard, the kind that have their own bearings, just need a bolt to go through and mount to a block, then set them up on a milling machine table to hold the belt tight, and a lathe bit freshened up held in a collet from the vertical spindle? Rotate the belt until you've cut through the body, then use a razor to cut the rest of the way?

You need to remember one thing about these non-OEM belts. Whatever you use, there is no way to tension them in the case unless you somehow build it in yourself. That said, it would be great if you can use these from McMaster-Carr. I thought somebody had looked in the past and came up empty-handed.

James, check your PMs.

Chris B.

The correct pitch for these belts is 14mm. I have recently had them custom made for the Homelite 20MCS, 26LCS, early 5-30 (up to Serial No. 819682) and 7-29.
Soon I will be getting the drive belts (different pitch, 1-1/8 in. wide) in for the Homelite late 5-30(after Serial No. 819682), 5-30N and 8-29. If you need further information you can contact me by E-mail, [email protected] or cell, (516)445-6062.

Latest posts

Back