Redneck Repair 101: Stihl 032 points

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Here is some rambling photos of a repair made today. I could use an aftermarket ignition module, but hey, it is more fun recycling.

This fine 032 is good for another 25 years, needs a new sprocket and chain,
but, after all, this is Ky...........

Well, for a real redneck repair of a broken fin on a Stihl flywheel, try superglue. I did that on the 210 Saw From Hell, and it is still holding up!

Oh, you are trying to out-redneck me???

No, just a stament of fact. The ex still has that little bugger of a saw, and it still runs good. Busted fin and all. Lake was dumbfounded when I told him about that fix.

Also for fix'in Stihl redneck flywheels, when the keys are sheared off, I use that HTS-2000 aluminum brazing stuff to fashion up a new key. According to the ex, I am as cheap as they come.

No, just a stament of fact. The ex still has that little bugger of a saw, and it still runs good. Busted fin and all. Lake was dumbfounded when I told him about that fix.

Not dumbfounded, just disturbed... I was likely thinking "has he lost his %^*$ing mind", but then I realized the truth and left it at that.

Last edited:
I viewed my profile a little while ago, and found that I have no friends..........

I am a river, well a creek of info, and yet I have no friends, and only a fraction of the rep you two giants.

Am I that repulsive?????

Have I really pissed that many members off????

I mean, this 032 post ought to at least buy me 1 friend...............

Lake, windy, "Be my friend???"

Pah, no worries. From my point of view, you's a true blue redneck...not quite a hillbilly, that status is reserved for Michigan Dirt Farmers...but you'll do :)

Now how about explaining what you did, from where, and why it works :)

Then...how many beers you had before giving it a go the first time.

I viewed my profile a little while ago, and found that I have no friends..........

I am a river, well a creek of info, and yet I have no friends, and only a fraction of the rep you two giants.

Am I that repulsive?????

Have I really pissed that many members off????

I mean, this 032 post ought to at least buy me 1 friend...............

Lake, windy, "Be my friend???"

I gave you a nova does that count for anything?????

If you ever want to play around with an 032AVE I've got a super nice one that I can't seem to get an ignition bought for.
165 lbs of compression, runs like a banshee for about 3 minutes....

Hey Fish was this that recycle job you were talking about a while ago? Very cool job. If only I had a pile of junk weedeaters. Oh ya why waste one of your own business cards, i would use the competetors. Or at least someone you didnt like. :cheers:

I gave you a nova does that count for anything?????

If you ever want to play around with an 032AVE I've got a super nice one that I can't seem to get an ignition bought for.
165 lbs of compression, runs like a banshee for about 3 minutes....

Bring it on down, BTW, that was the best Nova I ever got....

The rambling pics are not in order, it is up to you, the as members to
connect the dots.

The old Shindaiwa t25 trimmer was the donor, and I did a {Point-ectomy}
on the 032.......

The clean up and sell real nice on e-bay..........

The rest is up to the imagination..........

Hey Fish was this that recycle job you were talking about a while ago? Very cool job. If only I had a pile of junk weedeaters. Oh ya why waste one of your own business cards, i would use the competetors. Or at least someone you didnt like. :cheers:

That is called {free advertising, my friend}...........

Not dumbfounded, just disturbed... I was likely thinking "has he lost his %^*$ing mind", but then I realized the truth and left it at that.

I can feel a disturbance in the Stihl force.

Yes, I lost my mind years ago. I went insane. I am really in the Oregon State Mental Health Institute, in Eugene. The same one that Ken Kesey wrote One Flew Over the Kookoos Nest about. They let me on the computers if I am good. No chainsaws in the yard though. :greenchainsaw:

Here is some rambling photos of a repair made today. I could use an aftermarket ignition module, but hey, it is more fun recycling.

This fine 032 is good for another 25 years, needs a new sprocket and chain,
but, after all, this is Ky...........
You gonna swap it back to the Shinny when you want to weed whack. I like the custom Fisher gap setter. I had a Fisher once, but the damn thing broke. I got it at the Slip-n-Slide Lounge in Louisville from a drunk guy for a mere dollar. Trixie got the buck from him in 30 seconds.

Latest posts

Back