Possible Darwin Award Contraptions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkebxjunke

*Politically Incorrect*
Reaction score
OK... I had posted some of these in the craigslist laughs thread... but a comment was made that it probably should have ists own thread... so I am going to do so.... and repost the vids here....
feel free to comment and post pics and vids or stories of things that you have seen or done... that would fall in to the category of OMG that is dangerous contraptions to "OMG WTF are they thinking..(or not thinking).
now some of these contraptions show some ingenuity... but with a total lack of safety... (things that would give an OSHA inspector a instant heart attack).
so have fun and lets run with it and see how far we can go with it.
:greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw:​

object>

If you told me that now they were all dead or living in a rehabilitation center I would not be a bit surprised.

That contraption by Clarance leaves me speachless. Did you see how close he came, many times to losing an arm?

My vote is for the black powder log splitter. Nothing like explosives. Now just add some alcohol and you've just about got everything. Yes sir, chainsaws, explosives and alcohol, the recipe for a good weekend.

I use black powder on big logs. I detonate from 100' away with electricity from behind barricades. The guys in these videos are using waaaaay too much powder. I just split it in two. If the pieces are splintering or flying through the air, you're doing it wrong.

That converted square bailer looks like a darn good idea and wouldnt mind building 1. Only thing i would change is to put a clutch on the flywheel with the clutch pedal under the splittor so you have to step on it to engage the ram. Safety 1st...

I had to look away from Clarence's "machine".

Even his grandaughter was wondering what the hell he was doing.

There is no way after a day of using that machine that I would have two hands.

I just have to ask WHY would any of those people use contraptions like that when there are so many affordable, exponentially safer alternatives ???? :dizzy::dizzy:

Seriously..... how much is a used hydraulic splitter? What are your arms, or even fingers worth?

Latest posts

Back