Un-Official Arborist Site Get together in Kansas City, MO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTS

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am taking a trip to Kansas City, MO to meet up with Redbull on January 18,19, and 20th. We are going to do some rec Climbing and Scenario Training and if time permits I think even go to the vermeer store to play with some new Sherrill toys! As we all talk about how we do what we do this will give us a chance to show one another. Anyone in the area or anyone willing to travel and get together even if it is just for supper let us know. It will be great to get a chance to hang out with friends and put faces with online names.

Kyle

Let me know a date and time, I actually have a decent amount of work lined up for next week(finally) but I'd like to meet some more people. My birthday's the 15th, so if you get by vermeer - keep me in mind:laugh:

Here is what I know. I will be flying in on the 18th around 10 I think and I am bringing one of my guys that wants to get good at climbing before he goes blind. He has an eye disease and only has a few years of site left unless the medical field finds a cure. Climbing for him is one of those things he wants to do before he can't.

Anyway once we get there Redbull is picking us up at the airport and I think we are going to do some climbs on a site where Redbull has to do 4 tree prunned and 1 dead wood removal on the 5th tree, which problably won't take very long, and then the rest of the day I think we are going to just play. The 19th I think will also be a play day with a trip to Vermeer and then on the 20th I am flying home.

This open adgenda leaves lots of room for flexibility. So if you want to get together and have some sort of conflict let us know. The more people the better. Can you emagine what the nieghbors will think if there is 20 people swinging in the trees :laugh:

Just think of the fun signs you could put out in the yard to make people wonder ;)

I'm really excited about the gtg. A correction on the schedule though. The
18th is open for whatever, and the 19th is the day I have the pruning job scheduled. Kyle, if you want to move the pruning job to the 18th, I can, and then we'll have all day Thursday to "hang out". Let me know. Anyone else that wants to come out is more than welcome. If you have any questions PM me or Kyle (PTS).

have fun guys. I've done the same with other members here in Florida as well as some road trips, and I've had some great times. Don't forget to bring cameras (preferably digital) so you can post pics of each other hanging upside down and other assorted foolishness.
:blob2:

It is too bad we didn't set this trip up pre 2006, we all could have used it as a last minute tax right off. :bang:

Guess it will be a 2006 one. :D

Too bad you didnt do it a week sooner. I was in the area then. :cry:

Another person you might try to contact is Dan House. I dont have any info on him but I know he likes the rec climbing.

Have fun and stay safe!

I met TreeJunkie today. He came to help me on a removal. Check out the pics in the pics forum under "In a tree pizza delivery"

who else is coming???

PTS, REDBULL, BOTTLEFED89, TREEJUNKIE,

Tom Dunlap if he gets back to me :D But I think he disappeared.

Anyone else?????????????????????????????

Back