The Sexy Dawg Thread (show your felling/bucking spikes!)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WadePatton

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This topic was kinda sorta warmed over in a recent thread then, as happens in all long threads, derailment.

SO this thread is about pics of great dog/dawg/spikes mounted up on the bidness end of your badness saw.

specific example _but not yet contest winner_ is the dampfhammer stuff shown off by arboristsites's own Mr Sucklefass

thread: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=66005&highlight=9000+spikes

P1020382.jpg

and while this is a contest...please folks, no wagering. :rockn:

what? did i miss all the photo threads? photos, not a bunch of jibber jabber. we got enough of that 'round here...

but if it's overdone...whateva, let it die.

but i'm modding some small saw dogs...something more effective than the nubs they come with.

oh man, that's double dogs down.

dos perros! (it's a local beer)

see--this little effer here would be cooler with big menacing spikes: :chainsawguy:

Last edited:
here's mine

IMG_0106.jpg

springer spaniel for hunting and bordeaux mastiff for home protection..funny the little white dog rules the roost..imagine that
IMG_0113.jpg

here is another..every day I let the boys out after work..they always do their business together..on the fence..one opposite sides of a tree..back to back in the yard..too funny

ok here for the saws
IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Big dawgs are so cool. Damn, I wish mine were as big as the ones in the pictures. So neat

Last edited:
every day I let the boys out after work..they always do their business together..on the fence..one opposite sides of a tree..back to back in the yard..too funny

Hmmm, a daily pissing contest. How appropriate for an AS thread. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

sorry had to go take pics of the dogs on the saws

Hmmm, a daily pissing contest. How appropriate for an AS thread. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

these were the only ones I had on the puter. either way..I agree with the big dogs on small saws..that is why the ones you see hanging on the wall..Honestly I find double dogs bind the chains more than they help me buck logs. 460-660-880 experience. took them off the 460 hung them on the wall. look just as good there.. and just about as functional. next time I NEED the 880..will more than likely take the outer off that one too

oh, i don't think that i _have_ to have 'em. took 'em off the 7900 once for milling. but noticed lately that a bit more bite would be handy on my little saws--especially with the twisted and odd shapes that osage orange comes in.

plus, i'll fab my own...not buying any.

This topic was kinda sorta warmed over in a recent thread then, as happens in all long threads, derailment.

SO this thread is about pics of great dog/dawg/spikes mounted up on the bidness end of your badness saw.

specific example _but not yet contest winner_ is the dampfhammer stuff shown off by arboristsites's own Mr Sucklefass

thread: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=66005&highlight=9000+spikes

P1020382.jpg

and while this is a contest...please folks, no wagering. :rockn:

OK, 056 has reached critical mass.

These dogs above appear to be produced by "dampfathammer" which i would associate wth Dolmar, that is just a non researched hunch though.

what gets me is the complete lack of functionality of those humongous felling spikes. they arent even pointed in the right ####in direction. . . & I really cant tell cause its a pic, but they look to be about wayyy to big.

If you had a hot 166 & you where in the biz of fallin OG trees, and the POS dogs where made right, then your dogs might could be cool.

& If im right & Dolmar did make thoes spikes, they just lost all the credibility that they had. .

. . .Dont take this personal

THAT CAT PIC IS GREAT btw!

Silly Wascle.... Big Dawgs are for falling big timber with thick bark, much like the old & bastard growth out west.

It's rare you need anything over-exagerated like the ones that would make this thread, especially if your not a timber faller out west cutting hammer ass wood.

Huge dawgs are prone to get in the way of things, and can hurt you. They look cool, but they are lame when you don't use them for falling big timber, and some of the saws I see them mounted on couldn't pull their way out of a paper bag while dug and torqued in oldgrowth with long bars (440/460) :laugh:

Dont be so nice man, you know there is way more air in the baloon, let it out.

They will heed much more better from your word than mines anyway..

i just showed my dog thoes dawgs, she was quite amused as you can see...

Then I asked her if she would associate with me if I had dawgs like that on a saw like that. . . I thik the fact that it was a dolmar really sweyed her opinion, see for yourself. . .

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back