Ebay has some competition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawbones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
just saw this on craigslist.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/grd/1847346583.html

Trying to sell your chainsaw or related equipment? - $1 (Seattle)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-07-16, 7:48PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to www.sawbid.com to sell your equipment. Our website is SAFE and SECURE. Stop using ebay. They are cutting your profits considerably with their ridiculous fees. If you have any questions, please email us at admin at sawbid dot com or visit the website.

KEYWORDS:
chainsaw chain saw chiansaw chian saw parts repair repairing stihl sthil echo eko husky husqvarna poulan homelite 024 025 026 026pro 028 031 034 036 036pro 038 040 044 064 066 MS MS170 MS180 MS210 MS250 MS270 MS290 MS310 MS360 MS440 MS650 MS660 075 090 magnum professional tree service limbing arborist art

here is the site. http://www.sawbid.com/index.php

anybody know who this is?

I wonder if it's Bryce. He sent me an e-mail yesterday saying that Stihl is closing down his e-bay listings due to copyright infringement.

I searched a little through that site but did not see any names or location base.

I havent talked with Bryce about that yet but I doubt they can shut him down.
I think he may need to retitle his ads and maybe give up some of the knockoff stuff.

I did talk to a guy at Stihl NW last year that had a part in his name change.
They been watching him all right. :)

I searched a little through that site but did not see any names or location base.

I think he may need to retitle his ads and maybe give up some of the knockoff stuff.

Yeah they can't totally shut him down, at least not on the used parts. Otherwise, there'd be a class-action lawsuit brewing. Wayne is smart enough to know better.

Too bad they fired Steve Chapman, I liked him. It seems like they get rid of all the good old boys and keep the uptight "company men" and yes men. :monkey:

Yeah they can't totally shut him down, at least not on the used parts.

Bryce had his own website for a while but not sure if that is still up.
He started it when he had a full time helper there.

Still like to know who is behind the sawbid thing,

why dont you put a saw on it for sale, you could be the first. :D

Yeah they can't totally shut him down, at least not on the used parts. Otherwise, there'd be a class-action lawsuit brewing. Wayne is smart enough to know better.

Too bad they fired Steve Chapman, I liked him. It seems like they get rid of all the good old boys and keep the uptight "company men" and yes men. :monkey:

Makes me wonder since I've been selling New Stihl stuff on Ebay as well.

Dont know about this saw bid thing but im working on a site similar to it but will be for everything cause it will be a classified ads site commercial version once it gets set up still in the works

Bryce had his own website for a while but not sure if that is still up.
He started it when he had a full time helper there.

Still like to know who is behind the sawbid thing,

why dont you put a saw on it for sale, you could be the first. :D

Yeah I think I got a wild thing to test the waters with...

That's it buster, you're in trouble! :)

Noticed a couple of things about Saw Bid

There is a safty chain in the logo......Would a member of AS put that there?

Did you guys read the About Us page?

Noticed a couple of things about Saw Bid

There is a safty chain in the logo......Would a member of AS put that there?

Did you guys read the About Us page?

Yeah, there's definitely some gaps in his engrish-speaking abilities...

"It must be French...it says fra-geeel-ay"

attachment.php

Last edited:
Here is the contact info (street address removed...) for Sawbid.com. The street address is in NV, but the 208 area code is from Idaho.

Domain name: SAWBID.COM

Administrative Contact:
Parker, Todd
XXX
Fallon, NV 89406
US
+1.2086513231

Here is the contact info (street address removed...) for Sawbid.com. The street address is in NV, but the 208 area code is from Idaho.

Domain name: SAWBID.COM

Administrative Contact:
Parker, Todd
XXX
Fallon, NV 89406
US
+1.2086513231

thanks KC, all out of rep and will get ya tomorrow. :)

don't worry man, you're ok. The Stihl parts you sell are actually Stihl parts so no worries. The other guy likes to call china parts 'Stihl' and has kept doing it even though he has been informed several times they are not Stihl parts. I would think the ebay dispute might be due to terminology. Is a muffler that fits a Stihl saw a Stihl muffler? Well....depends on how you read that. The problem is his ads read like the stuff is made by Stihl and I can see why the company would not like that. If they were going to come after parts resellers I think they would have shut down bailey's long before they'd come after you Will ;)

don't worry man, you're ok. The Stihl parts you sell are actually Stihl parts so no worries. The other guy likes to call china parts 'Stihl' and has kept doing it even though he has been informed several times they are not Stihl parts. I would think the ebay dispute might be due to terminology. Is a muffler that fits a Stihl saw a Stihl muffler? Well....depends on how you read that. The problem is his ads read like the stuff is made by Stihl and I can see why the company would not like that. If they were going to come after parts resellers I think they would have shut down bailey's long before they'd come after you Will ;)

Ahh, I see. Thanks!!

All right, sorry to rant but I just want to warn anybody who cares :angrysoapbox:
Curt's over on ebay has been selling aftermarket as "Genuine" as well. I bought a "Genuine" (his words) 272 air cleaner, saw that it didn't have the necessary clips, so I ordered them from my dealer, when the filter came in, it was some cheesy aftermarket thing that the clips wouldn't fit on. My bad for trusting his description. I don't understand why a larger seller like that would treat a potential lifelong customer like a fool, If he was fair, I'd probably buy lots more from him.
I wont buy from any of the bigger ebay parts sellers (Randy's, Curt's, or Bryce's) because I've had bad experiences with all 3 (hopefully I'm not out of line by mentioning them, I'll edit this post if I am). The only ebay ones I use now are the smaller sellers which in general, I've had good luck with.

A good friend of mine got fried and had his listings removed because he put the Stihl logo on every part he listed. In their opinion it was infringement. They removed a crap load of lists and shut him down. It appears that they are unhappy to some extent that people are selling used parts. I think anyone that can open a site can sell used parts, even if they are Stihl parts.

Latest posts

Back