husky limiter caps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2574a

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I tried a search; however, I could not find what I needed. Exactly how do you remove, modify and then replace the limiter caps on a husky 353 e-tech? Thanks in advance.

Here's a parts book that will show you an exploded view of the caps and carb. I've never removed the limiters on that saw, but I have done others and they just pulled off, I didn't put them back on.

Last edited:
use a sharp razor blade or something similar to shave off the "wings" on the
caps...

If the needles moving under usage with the limiter caps removed is a concern, couldn't one make a small reference mark ie: scribe line, dot of paint, or piece of tape somewhere on the saw inrelation to the screw slot in the needle as a reference?
That way you could verify quickly and visually whether the setting had changed and readjust in the field.

Chuck

If the needles moving under usage with the limiter caps removed is a concern, couldn't one make a small reference mark ie: scribe line, dot of paint, or piece of tape somewhere on the saw inrelation to the screw slot in the needle as a reference?
That way you could verify quickly and visually whether the setting had changed and readjust in the field.

Chuck

They WONT move.

I tried a search; however, I could not find what I needed. Exactly how do you remove, modify and then replace the limiter caps on a husky 353 e-tech? Thanks in advance.

It sounds like you want to remove the caps, make you adjustment, and re-install cap. You can buy a removal tool from Husqvarna (and others) but the cheapest way would be to carefully grind them off and replace them with new ones.

Most people however do what Blis stated, and cut the restricting wings off to allow full adjustment.

So do you just cut the "wings" off and then pull the caps up? Pry em' up? Can they be put back on?

You don't have to pull the caps up. Once the wing are cut off you get full movement of the needles. You just cut the restricting part off of the limiter cap and leave the rest alone.

So do you just cut the "wings" off and then pull the caps up? Pry em' up? Can they be put back on?

be very carefull doing any prying, as the needles can bend easy, I remove the plastic caps completely

Last edited:
OK, I haven't looked at my husky's carb ... only thing I've messed with that had limiter caps was a echo trimmer and they were kind of a pain to get off (though I didn't cut the "wings" off) ... I've been thinking of modding my muffler on my 350 but didn't know about the removal of the caps ...

I have not had a chance to look at the caps in detail yet. I want to either modify them (and leave them in place as opposed to discarding them) or replace them with new ones (modified off the saw). How do you remove the caps to modify or replace? Do they just pull off?

I think the most gentle way is to grind (dremel) or use a carpet knife and remove the wings when they are still on the carb, the screw heads are really tiny if you remove the tabs thats why I have kept them on my saws, but the spring tension on the screw will hardly be affected as they tension to the needle and not the tab ,

Good luck !!!

Husqvarna/Jonsered limiter caps

Well I will tell this, as I have told before, There is no need to destroy the limiter caps on Husky and Jred's All you have to do is flip them out a bit, then you can adjust the carb through the hole in the limiter cap
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Some Husky and Jred that have the Black and White limiter caps, you can do this to them also, but it is a little more fiddly :)
attachment.php

David,
I took the caps off my 353 E a few weeks ago. They are pressed on so just pry them straight out. Don't bother putting them back on, they serve no purpose other than to meet emision standards at the factory. The settings will not move on their own.
If you haven't already done so, modify or replace that e-tech muffler for a noticable improvement in power and a decrease in operating temperatures.

David,
I took the caps off my 353 E a few weeks ago. They are pressed on so just pry them straight out. Don't bother putting them back on, they serve no purpose other than to meet emision standards at the factory. The settings will not move on their own.
If you haven't already done so, modify or replace that e-tech muffler for a noticable improvement in power and a decrease in operating temperatures.

Oh yes, they do have a purpose, and that is that the jet-screw shell not adjust them-self. There are some plastic clips around the limiter's, and they are there for keeping the jet-screw tight so they don't self-adjust under vibration's.
:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back